PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

BananaKing

No way will it happen. Even if zenimax want to sell. They would wait till TES6 drops and stock price would be way higher  

Legend

Things would have to be really bad behind the scenes for this to make sense imo. Zenimax is huge.

the-pi-guy

Things would have to be really bad behind the scenes for this to make sense imo. Zenimax is huge.
For sure.

That's why I think it's hilarious that there's people suggesting it'd happen.  

Legend

For sure.

That's why I think it's hilarious that there's people suggesting it'd happen.  
Have any legit sources teased Starfield's cancellation/troubled development?

the-pi-guy

None that I'm aware of.  
Although searching brought up a variety of random rumors that suggested problems.  None of them legitimate.  

BananaKing

You got as scared as I did, didnt you? :p

the-pi-guy

I shared it for the laugh factor.  

Although it's mostly just silly, not funny.  

kitler53

i had to look up zenimax because i never heard of them...

...you guys keep talking about bethesda but ID and arkane and machinegames would be a bigger deal too me.  bethesda games barely function these days.  if fallout 76 is anything to go by this studio is stuck in the past and not capable of moving forward to a more modern game design. sony manages their studios well but i doubt they could save them. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

i had to look up zenimax because i never heard of them...

...you guys keep talking about bethesda but ID and arkane and machinegames would be a bigger deal too me.  bethesda games barely function these days.  if fallout 76 is anything to go by this studio is stuck in the past and not capable of moving forward to a more modern game design. sony manages their studios well but i doubt they could save them.
I think people mean bethseda as a publisher not just a game studio. So they include ID and the other studios.

However fallout and the elder scrolls are massive IPs and bigger than the rest of the IPs they have. So they are the biggest deal.

Regarding them being stuck in the past, We will have to see how Starfield and then The Elder Scrolls go. but CDPR and other studios are really raising the bar when it comes to open world games.

Legend

kitler53

i'd consider myself a LBP and tearway fanboy.  i should be excited about dreams but after a 5 year wait i'm just not.  this is going to be such a flop.  i'll miss Mm when they are gone..

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

i'd consider myself a LBP and tearway fanboy.  i should be excited about dreams but after a 5 year wait i'm just not.  this is going to be such a flop.  i'll miss Mm when they are gone..
Dreams is a really really cool graphics engine. The stuff people have made in it is mind blowing.

I just hope it is fun to play. Also it's kinda the antithesis to Dreams, but I kinda hope they eventually have a way for developers to sell content. Just look at the success of Roblox lol.

darkknightkryta

Maybe Sony's planning to integrate their creation tools into their tool chain.  A lowkey way to pay for the tool's development would be releasing it as a game.  I can be wrong, but it sounds like it's way faster to build a model in dreams than normal.  Or I'm making stuff up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Legend

Maybe Sony's planning to integrate their creation tools into their tool chain.  A lowkey way to pay for the tool's development would be releasing it as a game.  I can be wrong, but it sounds like it's way faster to build a model in dreams than normal.  Or I'm making stuff up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Modeling in Dreams is both fast and easy. It wouldn't replace other software but it for sure could have a place in the industry.

The bigger thing though is that Dreams models render best inside the Dreams engine. Converting them to meshes and exporting is great but making the full game out of Dreams is where the real potential is. Give devs a way to sell their stuff, to have professional tools like source control, and expand the engine with their own code and upgrades. Bam, just like that you have something that competes with Roblox, Unity, and Unreal.

Go Up