Rank this gens E3 presentations

Started by Legend, May 02, 2018, 06:54 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Sony 2016 was the best, 2015 was pretty good too. Everything else is kind of a blur. MS' shows pretty much mostly sucked, I have no real recollection of most of Nintendo's shows either. Sony 2013 was shame in terms of games, I was never blown away much by the whole "we'll let you trade in your games" thing so I'd rank that among the worst, 2014 was only saved by Bloodborne. 2017 was not particularly noteworthy, but the games shown during that show have so far been pretty dang good, so there's that at least.
I've been updating the op with all the shows and what games they had, so you can quickly refresh your memory.

I don't care about prices/hardware/policies either in terms of judging E3 shows. Sony 2013 was great because it had awesome games.

Legend

I'm sure I'm missing some things and will adjust this list farther, but here's a rough placement from my point of view.

• Sony 2015
  • Sony 2013
  • Nintendo 2016
  • Nintendo 2013
  • Microsoft 2014
  • Sony 2016
  • Microsoft 2013
  • Nintendo 2017
  • Microsoft 2015
  • Sony 2014
  • Nintendo 2014
  • Microsoft 2016
  • Nintendo 2015
  • Microsoft 2017
  • Sony 2017

Wow.

I finished going through all the shows (made a list of games in the op) and this list is still how I feel.

Dr. Pezus

the-pi-guy

Legend the real MVP.  

Dr. Pezus

Wow.

I finished going through all the shows (made a list of games in the op) and this list is still how I feel.
How is Sony last year the worst??

Legend

One thing I learned is that any MS leak that doesn't include Minecraft is wrong. It has been featured in every show since they bought it.

the-pi-guy

They didn't announce any new games.  

Legend

PlayStation 2017:
Uncharted Lost Legacy trailer
Horizon Frozen Wilds announcment
*horrible camera guy again
Days Gone gameplay
*people hanging from the ceiling
Monster Hunter World reveal
Sotc remaster reveal
Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite trailer
COD WW2 trailer
Skyrim VR reveal
Star Child trailer
The Inpatient trailer
FF 15 fishing VR trailer
Bravo Team announcement
Moss reveal
God of War trailer
Detroit trailer
Destiny 2 trailer
Spiderman gameplay

It had poor content, practically no new games, and failed to understand why the previous year's show worked. For example GOW had a big huge orchestra leading to the reveal that kratos is back. Meanwhile this show had a small amount of musicians lead into a trailer for a game we had already seen gameplay of.

It was better than I remembered with VR but outside of GOW, even the trailers weren't that exciting.

Xevross

PlayStation 2017:
Uncharted Lost Legacy trailer
Horizon Frozen Wilds announcment
*horrible camera guy again
Days Gone gameplay
*people hanging from the ceiling
Monster Hunter World reveal
Sotc remaster reveal
Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite trailer
COD WW2 trailer
Skyrim VR reveal
Star Child trailer
The Inpatient trailer
FF 15 fishing VR trailer
Bravo Team announcement
Moss reveal
God of War trailer
Detroit trailer
Destiny 2 trailer
Spiderman gameplay

It had poor content, practically no new games, and failed to understand why the previous year's show worked. For example GOW had a big huge orchestra leading to the reveal that kratos is back. Meanwhile this show had a small amount of musicians lead into a trailer for a game we had already seen gameplay of.

It was better than I remembered with VR but outside of GOW, even the trailers weren't that exciting.
Eh those are good reasons as for why its a lot worse than Sony 2016, but I don't think its the worse conference of this gen. A couple from Nintendo and MS have been worse than that for sure.

Ludicrous Speed

I don't remember much of anything from MS's past 2013, where they showed Titanfall. I always enjoy the bells and whistles of Sony's shows, excellent presentation, but don't give a crud about most of the content. Nintendo.... lol.

Devolver wins.

Legend

I don't remember much of anything from MS's past 2013, where they showed Titanfall. I always enjoy the bells and whistles of Sony's shows, excellent presentation, but don't give a crud about most of the content. Nintendo.... lol.

Devolver wins.
Devolver was awesome.
Eh those are good reasons as for why its a lot worse than Sony 2016, but I don't think its the worse conference of this gen. A couple from Nintendo and MS have been worse than that for sure.
Well you're free to make your own rankings  ;D

Which MS and Nintendo shows would you put below?

Xevross

Devolver was awesome.Well you're free to make your own rankings  ;D

Which MS and Nintendo shows would you put below?
Well for a start I thought MS last year was worse than Sony. The year before that was also worse than Sony 2017. They were just boring, with lack of good announcements, and devoid of exclusives. I can't remember the specific years but I know Nintendo had some really boring/ uneventful E3s recently, probably the ones you put around the bottom.

Legend

Well for a start I thought MS last year was worse than Sony. The year before that was also worse than Sony 2017. They were just boring, with lack of good announcements, and devoid of exclusives. I can't remember the specific years but I know Nintendo had some really boring/ uneventful E3s recently, probably the ones you put around the bottom.
Last year MS had Super Lucky's Tale and Ori and the Blind Forest 2 reveals. That's pretty bad, but imo it beat the Sotc remaster reveal. Sony essentially had zero new games. Also some of the games MS showed were really good looking, like The Last Night. AC Origins was first shown off there too, as well as Anthem. Personally I could maybe move it up a slot in my rankings.

Nintendo 2015 sucked and I could see it being sub Sony 2017. It was really bad and only had all of the extra activities outside the Direct to redeem it.

Xevross

Last year MS had Super Lucky's Tale and Ori and the Blind Forest 2 reveals. That's pretty bad, but imo it beat the Sotc remaster reveal. Sony essentially had zero new games. Also some of the games MS showed were really good looking, like The Last Night. AC Origins was first shown off there too, as well as Anthem. Personally I could maybe move it up a slot in my rankings.

Nintendo 2015 sucked and I could see it being sub Sony 2017. It was really bad and only had all of the extra activities outside the Direct to redeem it.
But Sony's conference was much better paced and I remember thinking it had more/ better gameplay showings. MS had the boring Minecraft part, the dumb Porsche reveal and stuff like that still. Plus the games shown by Sony were much more interesting to me.

Xevross

I'm in the mood for watching an e3 conference. I've seen sony 2015 about 5 times, so sony 2013 or nintendo 2016? (Legend's other top ones). I think I haven't rewatched Sony 2013 at all, and I'm not sure if I ever saw Ninty 2016.

Go Up