Will Trump be the next US president?

Started by Legend, Jan 13, 2016, 03:31 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Lol, Well I don't think rich people would up and leave. But Bernie's plan breeds mediocrity as a person making good money would have to smash through a whole tax bracket in earning to make it worth jump in income.
Tax rates don't really go up that much.  
It's completely the same until the 250k mark.  Then it goes up a little bit (4 percentage points for the upper part of that braket.)  Plus if you're making about 500k, you're actually dropping from the 39.6% bracket to the 37% bracket.  
After that it's about 4 percentage points for the next part.  (43% vs 39.6%).
Don't start really seeing much higher taxes until you're making $2 million, and then $10 million.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Tax rates don't really go up that much.  
It's completely the same until the 250k mark.  Then it goes up a little bit (4 percentage points for the upper part of that braket.)  Plus if you're making about 500k, you're actually dropping from the 39.6% bracket to the 37% bracket.  
After that it's about 4 percentage points for the next part.  (43% vs 39.6%).
Don't start really seeing much higher taxes until you're making $2 million, and then $10 million.
I just don't feel it's worth it or necessary. Find the money that's getting wasted. Stop government overspending, make government accountable. Cut dead end programs that waste more money than good they do. Stop the war on drugs, stop locking up millions of people for nonviolent crimes. Stop giving billions in aid to foreign countries. Then after all of that when the government can't squeeze another dime if we need to adjust taxes than do it.

the-pi-guy

I just don't feel it's worth it or necessary. Find the money that's getting wasted. Stop government overspending, make government accountable. Cut dead end programs that waste more money than good they do. Stop the war on drugs, stop locking up millions of people for nonviolent crimes. Stop giving billions in aid to foreign countries. Then after all of that when the government can't squeeze another dime if we need to adjust taxes than do it.
Agree completely.  

Legend

Jan 19, 2016, 03:30 AM Last Edit: Jan 19, 2016, 03:32 AM by Legend
Old tweet I just discovered.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Sometimes I wonder...

the-pi-guy

lol
He has interesting views about other countries.  

kitler53

But Obamacare isn't expensive enough! Need to downsize the government somewhere for those tax cuts.
Could you imagine a mass exodus of rich people, just like what's currently happening with businesses?

Haha everyone in hollywood would be here on visas.
he is following the retarded tea party philosophy for taxation like walker did in wisconson. 
1. promise tax cut revenues will be made up for in spade by all the job that will be created
2. not see any results in  the 1st year
3. cut massive numbers of government jobs to pay for tax cuts
4. end up with largest job contraction in america
5. see rising government cost in unemployment and welfare
6. end up with one of the largest budget defect creations
7. see top talented people leave the state
8. see companies leave the state or choose other states instead of wisconsin because of a lack of talent to fill their positions
9. blame democrates

the bernie and trump plans are both retarded.
1. massive rate changes in either direction is bad for the economy.  the economy does not react well to doubt and upheaval.  large tax raises will cause a big freeze in their spending and investments (and therefore jobs) as they are scared about managing their finances.  large tax decreases will cause massive government debt because even if the myth that business will take money and create jobs instead of just increasing profits was true,.. the time scale for that to happen in 3-5 years and government cannot run 3-5 years have half revenues and not completely collapse.

2. brackets are stupid.  how hard is it to create a linear tax system that removes the penalty of making more money meaning you make less money at some intervals.

3. taxes should go up on the rich but benie's plan is too high

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

2. brackets are stupid.  how hard is it to create a linear tax system that removes the penalty of making more money meaning you make less money at some intervals.
Actually that's not how the brackets work.  

If your marginal tax rate is, for example, 25%, that doesn't mean that ALL of your income is taxed at 25%. Income is actually taxed at different rates. Here's how it works:
Say that your income for 2015 is $40,000 and your filing status is single. Your first $9,225 will be taxed at 10%. Every dollar from $9,225 to $37,450 will be taxed at 15%. And every dollar from $37,450 to $40,000 will be taxed at 25%.

kitler53

all of that is myth and wishful thinking.

social security. defense. debt.  medicare.  unemployment.

those make up over 75% of the budget.  you could cut defense spending is suppose but you'd have to pull out of all those wars and lay off a massive number of military related jobs.  the rest of it is mandatory spending that will only go down if you decide to genocide americans over the age of 65. 

don't get me wrong,.. the over prosecuted prison system is dumb and a waste of money but on a budget of $100,000 the prison only would represent a small portion of $1,400 that covers the entire department of justice.  so like maybe $25,.. it just isn't enough to make a dent.  sorry but the "wasteful" spending argument is a myth.  you can't balance the budget that way.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Because I feel an impending feeling you're going to miss it.  

Actually that's not how the brackets work.  

If your marginal tax rate is, for example, 25%, that doesn't mean that ALL of your income is taxed at 25%. Income is actually taxed at different rates. Here's how it works:
Say that your income for 2015 is $40,000 and your filing status is single. Your first $9,225 will be taxed at 10%. Every dollar from $9,225 to $37,450 will be taxed at 15%. And every dollar from $37,450 to $40,000 will be taxed at 25%.

social security. defense. debt.  medicare.  unemployment.

those make up over 75% of the budget.  you could cut defense spending is suppose but you'd have to pull out of all those wars and lay off a massive number of military related jobs.  the rest of it is mandatory spending that will only go down if you decide to genocide americans over the age of 65.  
Raise the age for social security.  When it started, the life expectancy of people was about 65.  Small checks for those that can work at that age to supplement an easy job.  If they can't work, then have them be eligible.  
I was reading about defense spending, someone was saying it was inefficient and they have a few costs that could all go under 1 cost.  
Pay off the debt.  
Medicare stays.  The US, has the most expensive medical expenses, try to fix it.  Maybe that much could cover everyone.  
Get people jobs.  

Mmm_fish_tacos

those make up over 75% of the budget.  you could cut defense spending is suppose but you'd have to pull out of all those wars and lay off a massive number of military related jobs.  the rest of it is mandatory spending that will only go down if you decide to genocide americans over the age of 65.  

don't get me wrong,.. the over prosecuted prison system is dumb and a waste of money but on a budget of $100,000 the prison only would represent a small portion of $1,400 that covers the entire department of justice.  so like maybe $25,.. it just isn't enough to make a dent.  sorry but the "wasteful" spending argument is a myth.  you can't balance the budget that way.
Never said it would fix all, but government overspending isn't a myth,  it's rampant in all branches of government and every government office in existence.  

Have you seen a military pen? You know how much they cost a box? 250 dollars (I've seen invoices)  Over decades of millions of boxes a year.

Government offices that don't spend their budget get less for the next year, so they spend it as much as they can. Add that up over the last 100 years.

Don't even get me started on the pos f35.

Aura7541

I do agree with Milo at 7:23. Way too many people get swayed by the appeal to emotion fallacy, whether they be on the left or right.

Xevross

I don't agree with some of this. The war on drugs shouldn't be stopped imo. Many non violent crimes deserve prison sentences. And stopping aid to foreign countries is extremely selfish. Why should you care less about another human because they have a different nationality? Many countries really need that aid.

don't get me wrong,.. the over prosecuted prison system is dumb and a waste of money but on a budget of $100,000 the prison only would represent a small portion of $1,400 that covers the entire department of justice.  so like maybe $25,.. it just isn't enough to make a dent.  sorry but the "wasteful" spending argument is a myth.  you can't balance the budget that way.
The US spends 16% of its total on defence? Wow that's crazy.

the-pi-guy

The US spends 16% of its total on defence? Wow that's crazy.
There are a lot of quotes about this.  
Stuff like "The US spends more than the next 6 countries combined on defense."

But we spend big money, so you don't have to.  ;)

Legend

...But we spend big money, so you don't have to.  ;)

Go Up