Will Trump be the next US president?

Started by Legend, Jan 13, 2016, 03:31 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

kitler53

Watched some of the debate.

Almost all of them come across as political fanboys. At least Jeb doesn't always respond with "it's Obama's fault. My solution is to do the complete opposite!"
welcome to trumpism.  many of them seemed like reasonable candidates a few months ago but trump gaining more support every time he says another super offense comment has only made the rest of the republicans follow suit and become assholes.  trump is the worst thing to ever happen to america in recent history.

will trump be the next US president to be assassinated?  the way trump is bringing out the worst in everyone its not hard to imagine the answer is yes.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Aura7541

Watched some of the debate.

Almost all of them come across as political fanboys. At least Jeb doesn't always respond with "it's Obama's fault. My solution is to do the complete opposite!"
I feel that none of the candidates get the point of these debates. You're supposed to convince your audience why your ideas are better than everyone else's, not brag on about how you're less shaming than the incumbent president of your opposing party.

the-pi-guy

Honestly right now I'd guess Clinton>Trump>Sanders >everyone else.

Think Sanders is picking up steam too.  

Trump is split, a lot of Republicans like him and he's ahead with that.  But a lot of Republicans also don't like him.  He has the highest unfavorable rating out of any of the republicans.  Which will hold him back as candidates drop out.  He has the most support right now, but he's the most extreme out of the group.  All the other Republicans are hanging with everyone else, and Trump is not going to pick these people up.  When the time comes there's a very very very good chance that Trump won't even be the Republican candidate this year.  If by some crazy incident he does get there, he's not liked enough to win.  (There's a good portion of the republicans that don't like him, and the democrats of course don't like him.  He gets like 40% of the republicans, even if he gets another 20%, that's still only ~30% of the country that would vote for him.)

Which is a good thing for the Republican party.  
I don't know much about the other candidates, except Bush.  Don't think he'll make it either.  Think he's like 4th or 5th on that side.  

The Democrats only have like 3 candidates.  Right now Clinton is the favorite, and she's ahead by quite a bit.  It sounds like she isn't as liked as Sanders, but I don't have solid stats on this.  Sanders is picking up steam though and who knows how things will end up come election time.  The other guy, don't even know his or her name.  Think they have like 3%, while Clinton and Sanders have like 97% together.    

kitler53

Honestly right now I'd guess Clinton>Trump>Sanders >everyone else.

Think Sanders is picking up steam too.  

Trump is split, a lot of Republicans like him and he's ahead with that.  But a lot of Republicans also don't like him.  He has the highest unfavorable rating out of any of the republicans.  Which will hold him back as candidates drop out.  He has the most support right now, but he's the most extreme out of the group.  All the other Republicans are hanging with everyone else, and Trump is not going to pick these people up.  When the time comes there's a very very very good chance that Trump won't even be the Republican candidate this year.  If by some crazy incident he does get there, he's not liked enough to win.  (There's a good portion of the republicans that don't like him, and the democrats of course don't like him.  He gets like 40% of the republicans, even if he gets another 20%, that's still only ~30% of the country that would vote for him.)

Which is a good thing for the Republican party.  
I don't know much about the other candidates, except Bush.  Don't think he'll make it either.  Think he's like 4th or 5th on that side.  

The Democrats only have like 3 candidates.  Right now Clinton is the favorite, and she's ahead by quite a bit.  It sounds like she isn't as liked as Sanders, but I don't have solid stats on this.  Sanders is picking up steam though and who knows how things will end up come election time.  The other guy, don't even know his or her name.  Think they have like 3%, while Clinton and Sanders have like 97% together.    

there is a 3rd guy on the democrat side?

the left in me kind of likes sanders.  he seems more genuine if nothing else but he is really, really left.  if the general election was trump vs. sanders that would be like the most extreemely difference choice in the direction of the country.   i wouldn't like either choice very much.  what's worse,.. extreme debt or extreme hatred?

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

there is a 3rd guy on the democrat side?

the left in me kind of likes sanders.  he seems more genuine if nothing else but he is really, really left.  if the general election was trump vs. sanders that would be like the most extreemely difference choice in the direction of the country.   i wouldn't like either choice very much.  what's worse,.. extreme debt or extreme hatred?
Yes, his name is O'Malley.  But also no.  He's not doing well.  
Trump isn't that great economically.  He's only really had success in a couple areas, and bankruptcy in 4 others.  The skills for president will have more in common with the bankruptcy.  He's good at selling himself, advertising which is good for some areas. Management which is more important for a president, he's had no success.

the-pi-guy

Quote from: Current Rates
10%: $0 - $18,450
15%: $18,450 - $74,900
25%: $74,901 - $151,200
28%: $151,201 - $230,450
33%: $230,451 - $411,500
35%: $411,501 - $464,850
39.6%: $464,851+
Quote from: Bernie's Tax
10%: $0 - $18,450
15%: $18,450 - $74,900
25%: $74,901 - $151,200
28%: $151,201 - $230,450
33%: $230,451 - $249,999
37%: $250,000 - $500,000
43%: $500,000 - $2,000,000
48%: $2,000,000 - $10,000,000
52%: $10,000,000+
Quote from: Trump's Tax
00%: $0-$50,000
10%: $50,001-$100,000
20%: $100,001-$300,000
25%: $300,001+

Legend

Is trump wanting to get rid of medicare and similar?

Both candidates are such complete opposites.

the-pi-guy

Is trump wanting to get rid of medicare and similar?

Both candidates are such complete opposites.

Under Trump:  Medicare stays, Obamacare goes.  

Mmm_fish_tacos

So Bernie wants to raise taxes on our rich, Which is a disaster waiting to happen. These are the people that spend the most and create jobs,

Trumps tax plan is actually pretty good if we lived in neverland.

the-pi-guy

So Bernie wants to raise taxes on our rich, Which is a disaster waiting to happen. These are the people that spend the most and create jobs,
Even Bernie's highest tax bracket is pretty low compared to how high it has been at some points.  

Mmm_fish_tacos

Even Bernie's highest tax bracket is pretty low compared to how high it has been at some points.  

How does that make it right?

Legend

Under Trump:  Medicare stays, Obamacare goes.  
But Obamacare isn't expensive enough! Need to downsize the government somewhere for those tax cuts.

Trumps tax plan is actually pretty good if we lived in neverland.
Could you imagine a mass exodus of rich people, just like what's currently happening with businesses?

Haha everyone in hollywood would be here on visas.

Mmm_fish_tacos

But Obamacare isn't expensive enough! Need to downsize the government somewhere for those tax cuts.
Could you imagine a mass exodus of rich people, just like what's currently happening with businesses?

Haha everyone in hollywood would be here on visas.
Lol, Well I don't think rich people would up and leave. But Bernie's plan breeds mediocrity as a person making good money would have to smash through a whole tax bracket in earning to make it worth jump in income.

the-pi-guy

How does that make it right?
Well, the second richest man in the US says the rich should be taxed more.  
The purpose of taxes is to pay for certain things, infrastructure, defense, education and a lot more.  We're falling behind in a lot of these categories, we need to do something about it.  

Yeah, well he does have a few bankruptcies in his past.  

Mmm_fish_tacos

Well, the second richest man in the US says the rich should be taxed more.  
The purpose of taxes is to pay for certain things, infrastructure, defense, education and a lot more.  We're falling behind in a lot of these categories, we need to do something about it.  

Yeah, well he does have a few bankruptcies in his past.  
There's money for that, it's government over spending and money pits that are draining that money.

Go Up