previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mmm_fish_tacos

Legend

Mmm_fish_tacos

Price drop alternative?
I guess and gearing up for the hoilday.

Aura7541

Definitely will be a Fallout 4 bundle and ROTR bundle. The other two may be Just Cause 3 and Rainbow Six Siege.

Dr. Pezus

Definitely will be a Fallout 4 bundle and ROTR bundle. The other two may be Just Cause 3 and Rainbow Six Siege.
Don't they mean that the bundles will come out on Monday, or is it only a reveal then?

Legend

Don't they mean that the bundles will come out on Monday, or is it only a reveal then?
That's what I was thinking, but I guess they could just be reveals.

Xevross

Do you think they'll drop to 299? I wouldn't be surprised since Phil said they're expecting a PS4 price cut and have a plan to counter it. They did 349 last year and have to better that, too.

Aura7541

Maybe the games come in download voucher codes?? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Legend

Do you think they'll drop to 299? I wouldn't be surprised since Phil said they're expecting a PS4 price cut and have a plan to counter it. They did 349 last year and have to better that, too.
I don't think they will, but I think they need to if they plan to stay competitive for the holidays. Right now it looks like PS4 has the end of year on lockdown.

Xevross

I don't think they will, but I think they need to if they plan to stay competitive for the holidays. Right now it looks like PS4 has the end of year on lockdown.
If they go 299 I'd say XB1 should win by a fair margin again. If they don't, its anyone's game. PS4 needs to drop to 349, whatever microsoft decide to do.

Aura7541

I highly doubt it. The last thing you want to do is condition consumers to expect an annual $50 price cut. Not to mention, last year, going from a $399 standalone console to a $349 package of a console + 2 games is a huge leap in value. There is very little chance MS will match that kind of jump even with a $50 price cut unless they want to eat big losses. MS can't do a temporary price cut either because XBO sales tanked at the beginning of January. When you cut the price, you can't go back.

Xevross

I highly doubt it. The last thing you want to do is condition consumers to expect an annual $50 price cut. Not to mention, last year, going from a $399 standalone console to a $349 package of a console + 2 games is a huge leap in value. There is very little chance MS will match that kind of jump even with a $50 price cut unless they want to eat big losses. MS can't do a temporary price cut either because XBO sales tanked at the beginning of January. When you cut the price, you can't go back.
Well if they stay up at 349 and PS4 also drops to 349 then I don't see them having any chance of winning this holiday. Unless they decide to bundle 3 games this year

Aura7541

Well if they stay up at 349 and PS4 also drops to 349 then I don't see them having any chance of winning this holiday. Unless they decide to bundle 3 games this year

Xevross

That may be MS's fate ;D ! I guess we'll see what they have to offer very soon.

Mmm_fish_tacos

I think they'll push multi game bundles, maybe a year of live to help combat the ps4 price drop. They've already devalued their console enough.

Go Up