General Discussion Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 16, 2014, 06:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

I've complained about this before, but advanced subjects are a pain to find any good resources for.  

If you want to learn about Calculus, there's like a butt ton of websites, videos, and whatever else you want.  

But if you want to learn about anything past that, there's a lot less material.  

Sometimes I can't find anything in a subject...  

the-pi-guy

Not a single post in almost 12 hours.  
Wow, you guys are terrible.

Legend

Xevross

Not a single post in almost 12 hours.  
Wow, you guys are terrible.
Yeah, I was waiting for someone to say something.

Kerotan

nnodley

Sorry gotta work now!  I don't usually get time to browse

Dr. Pezus

I think I might have THE flu ffs

Kerotan

Nov 30, 2018, 07:24 PM Last Edit: Nov 30, 2018, 07:49 PM by Kerotan
I think I might have THE flu ffs
Burn him before he lays eggs!

There's a big outcry atm about these homophobes on fallout 76. I'm a supporter of gay people but I actually find this funny. I never got the impression they genuinely hated gays. Like all things in life sexuality should be made fun of if in jest.

Homophobic murder gangs are roaming Fallout 76, and the game's player reporting system is broken | ResetEra

Eurogamer said:  
Bethesda has banned a group of Fallout 76 players for life after a shocking in-game homophobic attack.

The move relates to an incident in which a group of Fallout 76 players targeted and harassed another group of players, saying over the proximity chat: "we have come to eliminate all gaysClick to expand...
AJ took to Twitter to highlight the incident, he said, because there's no in-game player report function in Fallout 76. Bethesda community managers sent AJ a link to Bethesda's website-based player report function, but AJ found it didn't work properly.Click to expand...
"The tweet was forwarded to some community managers for the game and they were very kind and helpful," AJ said. "We were given a link to report the players but had issues with it. The site asked for a video file of the incident but the accepted file types weren't video files. So we couldn't send one. For me, the page would not even load. It seems very difficult to report players."Click to expand...
Source: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...for-life-following-shocking-homophobic-attack

Interesting comment

This is a troll incident and they should be banned of course.

But this incident aside, This issue will prove to be very tricky in this game going forward. Because the premise is to role-play a fkd up person in a post apocoliptic fkd up wastland, which is why NPCs don't exist, and some might want to role play the bad guys, like the slavers from past fallout games for example ? Or even Nazis.

Bathesda should define ingame where the line starts and ends. So players and specially kids can read it. Maybe have a paragraph at the start in tutorial and some sentences during loading as tips.

Xevross

Quote from: Kerotan
There's a big outcry atm about these homophobes on fallout 76. I'm a supporter of gay people but I actually find this funny. I never got the impression they genuinely hated gays. Like all things in life sexuality should be made fun of if in jest.

Homophobic murder gangs are roaming Fallout 76, and the game's player reporting system is broken | ResetEra

Source: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...for-life-following-shocking-homophobic-attack

Interesting comment

This is a troll incident and they should be banned of course.

But this incident aside, This issue will prove to be very tricky in this game going forward. Because the premise is to role-play a fkd up person in a post apocoliptic fkd up wastland, which is why NPCs don't exist, and some might want to role play the bad guys, like the slavers from past fallout games for example ? Or even Nazis.

Bathesda should define ingame where the line starts and ends. So players and specially kids can read it. Maybe have a paragraph at the start in tutorial and some sentences during loading as tips.
I've never heard anyone who truly supports LGBTs refer to them as "gays", outside of ironic joking around inside friends groups. Just putting that out there...

Sure some people can play the bad guys, but specific targeting of any groups like that is just horrible and they deserve the perma-ban. LGBT people go through enough shame as it is, hearing stuff like that over voice chat is always horrible.

Kerotan

Nov 30, 2018, 08:07 PM Last Edit: Nov 30, 2018, 08:15 PM by Kerotan
I've never heard anyone who truly supports LGBTs refer to them as "gays", outside of ironic joking around inside friends groups. Just putting that out there...

Sure some people can play the bad guys, but specific targeting of any groups like that is just horrible and they deserve the perma-ban. LGBT people go through enough shame as it is, hearing stuff like that over voice chat is always horrible.
What about Irish people or black people having to hear stuff against them? Why are gay people exempt? I'm talking in games or movies from the devs not the people playing them.

And you never heard people refer to homosexuals as gays? Do you live on the moon or what? Not only have I heard people who support the movement endless times use the word gay but I've also heard gay people refer to themselves as gay.

What you think the word gay is classed with other words like nigga and n word? Hahaha hahaha  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

What the fudge is the world coming too lmao

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/a1ujym/bethesda_bans_fallout_76_player_for_life/

Good to see sense prevail on reddit. Lol I was thinking if I was gay and I played with like minded friends who I play with now and they were also gay, we'd be going around games like this representing gays and eliminating "straight" people. It would be so much fun annoying people destroying them as a gay clan

Xevross

Nov 30, 2018, 08:17 PM Last Edit: Nov 30, 2018, 08:28 PM by Xevross
What about Irish people or black people having to hear stuff against them? Why are gay people exempt? I'm talking in games or movies from the devs not the people playing them.

And you never heard people refer to homosexuals as gays? Do you live on the moon or what? Not only have I heard people who support the movement endless times use the word gay but I've also heard gay people refer to themselves as gay.

What you think the word gay is classed with other words like nigga and n word? Hahaha hahaha 

What the fudge is the world coming too lmao
What? The same goes for every minority...

fudge off. Its the word "gays". "Gay" is fine, but as a collective, its "gay people". Just like I'd say anyone using "blacks" as a term to describe black people clearly isn't so progressive. Personally, I cannot stand the word "gays", makes me feel awful when someone says it.

Obviously not in most cases, and I never even said anything like that, but the word gay can still be used in an offensive way like those two words. I'd say "apple strudel" is probably on that level though, there aren't many worse words out there.

Kerotan

Gays is plural for gay. Blacks plural for Black. Whites plural for white. Get over it or speak a different language.

Btw don't ever refer to me as Irish again. Refer to me as an Irish person and the plural you must use is Irish people. Other wise it's offensive as you must specify we are people.

fudge off is right.

Dr. Pezus

The fudge is that? Shame on this guy

Xevross

The fudge is that? Shame on this guy
He has since apologised, but I think its been made obvious that this guy is a massive douchebag.  Don't expect to see him doing anything like this again, no one will want him anywhere.

Legend

Both gaf and resetera had big updates in the same week. Gaf update was good while resetera update broke everything.

Wonder how this will impact both forums in the short term. I'm essentially avoiding resetera right now while they fix things.

Go Up