Where does Horizon: Zero Dawn take place?

Started by Legend, Apr 23, 2016, 08:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

@Xevross

Do you recognize London?

But maybe there's more to find. The environments sure don't feel like England.

Wait, that area looks kinda familiar.

These are the maroon bells, in Colorado! So we've got London buildings and Colorado mountains, needs more digging.

That doesn't just look like a Colorado mountain, it IS a Colorado mountain.

That's a bit "too" similar to just be a coincidence. Maybe that scene is just one made for the trailer though? To really know where the game takes place, we need to use shots with Aloy in them.

Red rocks, I bet you know where I'm going with this one.

Colorado has a section of fairly unique and fairly well known rocks that look very similar to the ones behind Aloy and the ones throughout the rest of the demo.

At this point maybe you're convinced, maybe you're not. London is still a problem. Well in the trailer right after the red rocks shot we get this:

It's the same city as the first picture, but now we can see a bit more.

See the river at the bottom, see the stadium on the left, and remember where Aloy is standing.

This is a picture of Denver from Red Rocks.

Obviously the game has shortened the distance between the two, but the similarities are uncanny.

Not only does the Denver have a football stadium in the correct location, but it even looks the same. Has the curvy seat heights and the metal light bar wrapping around the top. It's also open at the same end that appears open in the game.

Game takes place in Colorado confirmed.

Credit goes to @NeverDies for causing me to investigate.

Xevross

I was about to say that its definitely not London/ England but then you go and say that anyway...

There's not really any mountains that big in the UK and none of our fairly large ones are close to any cities with buildings like that. Definitely 100% not England ;D

Well, you convinced me that its Colorado anyway.

Max King of the Wild

Denver? What a shame hole! (this isn't sarcasm)

Legend

Denver? What a shame hole! (this isn't sarcasm)
Pff have you even been to Denver? It's average and nothing more!

Max King of the Wild

Pff have you even been to Denver? It's average and nothing more!
Yes, and I walked through the park in front of the Capitol building and was asked if I wanted drugs or a prostitute by a line of people 10, 20?. Middle of the day

Mmm_fish_tacos

Yes, and I walked through the park in front of the Capitol building and was asked if I wanted drugs or a prostitute by a line of people 10, 20?. Middle of the day
And you turned them down?   ???

Legend

Apr 24, 2016, 04:24 AM Last Edit: Apr 24, 2016, 04:36 AM by Legend
Ok I was 99% confident it was Colorado, but what the fudge more proof can you find.

From the game.

And this statue in Colorado Springs.

Pikes Peak Range Riders Memorial

Here's a better image of the stadium showing it's only open on the one end.

the-pi-guy

Other people seem to have caught onto it being in Colorado a while ago.  

Legend

Other people seem to have caught onto it being in Colorado a while ago.  
How do you think I found the pikes peak memorial  ::)

Yeah there are a couple posts about it on gaf and two posts about it on Reddit. Neverdies offhandedly mentioned it was in Colorado today which surprised me. Most people have only put together a few pieces here and there so I guess not many people were convinced so the news didn't spread. Seems lots of people think Colorado might just be one little section. So I've been compiling all the evidence plus digging for my own. I love wasting my time on stuff like this.

Colorado National Monument maybe, although a bit too green.

Xevross

I love wasting my time on stuff like this.
Vizioneck am cry

Horizon

Nah guys it is clearly London. I mean it is not like Denver would build a similar building to London in the future is it?

Great investigating from who ever did this. It reminds me of when people were piecing together a map for GTA V.

the-pi-guy

Nah guys it is clearly London. I mean it is not like Denver would build a similar building to London in the future is it?
Great investigating from who ever did this. It reminds me of when people were piecing together a map for GTA V.
It is clearly not London.  Far more evidence that it is either Colorado, or a mix and mash of various places.  That building is kind of bothering me.  They seem like they really made things very similar, the building seems like an odd addition. But things seem too similar to be a mash up.  But probably predominately Colorado with mash up of other places.  

The guy who made the thread did a fair amount of the investigating. ;)

the-pi-guy

Do you mind if I post this on Reddit?  :o

Or can you?  

Legend

Do you mind if I post this on Reddit?  :o

Or can you?  
I need the karma. Tried posting last night but a mod closed it.

the-pi-guy

I need the karma. Tried posting last night but a mod closed it.
Where did you post it?