NPD October 2015: XBO 303k, PS4 275k Wii U 65k, Halo 5 935k

Started by Legend, Nov 07, 2015, 09:52 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Aura7541

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  NPD Sales Results for October 2015 (Up1: Xbox #1)

AC: PS4 ~ 57%
 Toraifōsu (Tri Force Heroes) ~ 83k
 robo (Chibi Robo) ~ 35k
 wooly ~ 165k
 transformers ~ 38k

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  NPD Sales Results for October 2015 (Up1: Xbox #1)

toz (Tales of Zestiria)~ 58k
 d5 (Disgaea 5) ~ 26k
 dq (Dragon Quest Heroes) ~ 31k
 jd2016 (Just Dance) ~ 38k, Wii ~ 39%

Dr. Pezus

ethomaz

Halo 5 doom continues to strike.

ethomaz

ethomaz

Nov 26, 2015, 08:16 PM Last Edit: Nov 26, 2015, 08:18 PM by ethomaz
Halo flop never ends.

Quote from: NDP_Mulcair
Hi, jjonez18. NPD_George here. Let me clarify.

Microsoft's Halo 5: Guardians game sales were 842K.

In total (as I previously announced), Halo 5: Guardians sold 935K.

Hardware bundles with 'Gears of War: Ultimate Edition' and 'Halo 5: Guardians' comprised a significant part of the 303K Xbox One sales for the month and led Xbox One sales.

As previously discussed, it is abundantly clear Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection was more successful in generating hardware interest.

It also speaks to the inherent strengths of Sony's PlayStation 4 platform in attracting new customers.
93k Halo 5 bundles sold lol

ethomaz

More...

Guitar Hero Live 121K NeoGAF - View Single Post -  NPD Sales Results for October 2015 (Up1: Xbox #1)

Originally Posted by Jawmuncher

Crazy that RB4 made it and not Guitar Hero. Wonder if that changed for the November NPD with the cheap price the game is currently.

Hi Jawmuncher! NPD_George here! Activision Blizzard's 'Guitar Hero Live' is an interesting phenomenon. In The NPD Group's October 2015 U.S. Games Industry Report, the software SKU of Guitar Hero Live sold 121K units. Please note that, when doing a direct comparison, this is 88% more units than the prequel sold numerous years ago. And, this is despite the steep starting price of $100. So it would appear that from first glance that Guitar Hero Live is a success for the company. But yet, in September 2009, just a year earlier, the regular Xbox 360 SKU of Guitar Hero 5 *alone* sold more units (157K) than Guitar Hero Live managed (all Guitar Hero 5 SKUs sold 499K combined). Thus, the revival of the Guitar Hero franchise may be short-lived, especially because the rival from Mad Catz 'Rock Band 4' sold around the same number of copies as Guitar Hero Live.

Just Dance 40k NeoGAF - View Single Post -  NPD Sales Results for October 2015 (Up1: Xbox #1)

Originally Posted by RexNovis

So they were pretty close huh? Wonder if we will see a significant bump for either this month. Some console buyers might pick up a one or the other with their console purchase. Any thoughts on the performance of Just Dance? Do you think we will see another entry in the series?

Hi RexNovis! Ubisoft is reeling from the dramatic declines in their 'Just Dance' franchise, as I do not believe 'Just Dance' is a franchise that enjoys skyrocketing digital adoption to counter-balance its physical retail declines. Just two years ago in October 2013, a typical Just Dance release (in this case, Just Dance 2014) would sell just under 150K, and now the title is down to around 40K. Those types of declines really speak to the decline of the 'Nintendo Wii' ecosystem where the Just Dance titles once thrived. Companies choose not to invest in a series that is declining rapidly, so I believe if the Nintendo NX is unsuitable for the Just Dance platform, then there is a very real chance that we may not see any titles from the series next year. Production costs for the series must be rather low so it may be still worth the ROI, but the reliable 'Nintendo Wii' ecosystem continues to shrink, so the window of opportunity for profit expansion is diminishing along with it. I don't believe it has been discussed or revealed yet, but Ubisoft Entertainment had another 'Just Dance' release besides Just Dance 2016 this month. Their new release 'Just Dance: Disney Party 2' had incredibly low sales. Think around the 4-digit range low. That sort of performance only fuels the 'Just Dance failure' fire which may compel the Guillemot family to cancel the series.

Legend

Halo flop never ends.

93k Halo 5 bundles sold lol
I asked this earlier in the thread, but I wonder if Uncharted NDC could beat Halo 5 for November NPD.

Xevross

I asked this earlier in the thread, but I wonder if Uncharted NDC could beat Halo 5 for November NPD.
Only if bundles were counted. If so, then yes.

Legend

Only if bundles were counted. If so, then yes.
Yeah with bundles.

Xevross

Nov 26, 2015, 10:01 PM Last Edit: Nov 26, 2015, 11:28 PM by Xevross
Yeah with bundles.
I think with NDC being the only PS4 bundle for BF its going to be pretty much a given. I'd be surprised if Halo does better.

Dr. Pezus

Yeah with bundles.
Oh NDC is going to destroy with bundles included

Go Up