VizionEck has been pushed back to 2015

Started by Legend, Nov 24, 2014, 06:35 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Hello,

VizionEck was originally planned to release Holiday 2014. Now the game is releasing just a bit later in 2015. There are a few reasons for this delay.

1. More content at launch
VizionEck has a unique free DLC system that promises continuous and feature rich DLC as long as the game is active. I have decided it'd be best to take the first few DLCs and include them at launch. Long term this doesn't affect the game, but day one it creates a larger and deeper VizionEck.

2. The game needs more marketing
Releasing VizionEck with its current public perception and awareness would be less than ideal. Since I'm effectively a one man company, it's a challenge balancing making the game and marketing the game. This delay allows me to do both to their full potential.

3. It'll be ready when it's ready
It was entirely realistic to release VizionEck this year, but about two months ago I determined I'd have to speed some things up in order to hit the deadline. I already worked on VizionEck almost 24/7 so it would have meant a potential decrease in game quality. First and foremost, I want VizionEck to be a great game. Releasing with common glitches or broken features is unacceptable. I'm working hard to get the game out as soon as possible but I refuse to sacrifice quality for artificial reasons.

Feel free to post your questions or concerns.

-Michael Armbrust

Shinobi-san

I think its a good decision. Reviews and word of mouth post launch is what will ultimately lead to greater success to a new unknown title. Making the game the best it can be is entirely in your control so i think best to take the time to do so.
Vizioneck STILL not banned at my workplace \O/

Dr. Pezus

Good decision imo, due to all of above and also because it gives the game a chance for more exposure without getting lost among dozens of big holiday games.

NeverDies

What is this?!? Spending more time to make the game better! What madness! :P
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

Mmm_fish_tacos

Glad to hear you'll take extra time to polish the game and put out something your proud of instead of meeting some dead line. Look forward to playing it in 2015.

kitler53

2. The game needs more marketing
Releasing VizionEck with its current public perception and awareness would be less than ideal. Since I'm effectively a one man company, it's a challenge balancing making the game and marketing the game. This delay allows me to do both to their full potential.

...and redesigning the forums.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

...and redesigning the forums.

Hahaha I guess, but I'm really spending way too much time on this forum. The website itself, yeah, that's part of marketing. The forum though is mostly just our playground.

kitler53

Hahaha I guess, but I'm really spending way too much time on this forum. The website itself, yeah, that's part of marketing. The forum though is mostly just our playground.

yeah, not that i don't appreciate your spelling to a million contributions but i can tell you are procrastinating.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

yeah, not that i don't appreciate your spelling to a million contributions but i can tell you are procrastinating.

Actually I only do spell to a million when I'm on mobile.

It's all the new forum features that are me procrastinating.

Max King of the Wild

This is unacceptable and inconceivable.

darkknightkryta

Does Sony give any flack for delays?

Legend

Does Sony give any flack for delays?

Sony hearts indies.

7H3

"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Legend

Oh the fruits of this delay are already paying off.

Just thought of a really unique photomode feature, and I'll actually be able to add it!

BasilZero

Worth it, we dont want to see any bugs or glitches like the big AAA studios have with their games!