New Job Listings Suggest 3rd Person Action/Adventure Game In Development At Sony's New Studio In San Diego (speculation that it could be Uncharted 5)

Started by the-pi-guy, Dec 31, 2018, 09:06 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

New Job Listings Suggest 3rd Person Action/Adventure Game In Development At Sony's New Studio In San Diego (speculation that it could be Uncharted 5) | ResetEra

According to a number of new job listings that have appeared on PlayStation Careers, it is implied that the next Uncharted title is in development at Sony's currently unannounced studio at San Diego.

- Lead Character Artist: "We are looking for a highly talented, motivated, and creative Lead Character Artist for the next chapter of cinematic storytelling."

- Senior Gameplay Animator: "Are you an experienced game developer with a penchant for high quality, 3rd person, action/adventure games?

Link: sonyinteractiveentertainmentplaystation/jobs

It states that this project is in collaboration with a major Sony development studio - which appears is Naughty Dog.

Also worth noting is on the Senior Gameplay Animator job listing, the PlayStation Visual Arts Services group (VASG) makes a note about working with the industry's best. Usually, this line on other job listings specifically refers to first party studios, but this remains the same but includes Kojima Productions and Insomniac Games.

Have they joined the family or is this referencing Spider-man and Death Stranding?

"For more than a decade, we have shared knowledge, support and cutting-edge techniques with the very best developers in the industry: Naughty Dog, Kojima Productions, Guerrilla Games, Santa Monica Studios, Sucker Punch Productions, Bend Studio, Japan Studio, Insomniac Games and more."  
[/size]

darkknightkryta

BananaKing

I hope this is a big studio, regardless if they are making Uncharted or a new IP,  with the increased development time this gen Sony has released a lot less games, so in my opinion they need more studios. Well not necessarily need, but I believe they still have room to add to their current lineup of Devs.

Legend

Yes hopefully it's AAA sized and doesn't end up being vaporware. Uncharted 5 would be interesting. I wonder how it would work.

New ip makes more sense to me.

Xevross

Legend