Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order reveal trailer

Started by Legend, Apr 13, 2019, 11:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Well that doesn't look too good. It shows essentially zero gameplay yet isn't a regular CGI trailer either.

nnodley

Looks fine to me.  Should be amazing if Titanfal 2's campaign is anything to go by.

Xevross

the-pi-guy

I think it looks pretty good.  
Probably get a gameplay trailer for E3.  That'll be more telling though.  

Legend

I swear I don't post this things to be contrarian. I thought most people would think something similar!

kitler53

I swear I don't post this things to be contrarian. I thought most people would think something similar!
i agree with you.  this doesn't look horrible or anything but this also doesn't look special.  

i especially "loved" the titanfall gameplay mechanic needless shoved i to the star wars universe even though it makes absolutey no sense to star wars.  

to me this looks like the release date was set in stone and the game will suffer for it much like anthem did.  this looks like exactly what i'd expect when corporate disney deals with corporate EA. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

nnodley

I mean I wish they would have shown some gameplay, but it still looks like it's going to be dope.  And considering this has absolutely no multiplayer I highly doubt it will suffer like anthem.  Anthem had problems far deeper than just the game itself.  Plus I fail to see how this looks like the release date was set in stone.  And titanfall 2 was amazing in it's single player story, but it was released at a bad time by EA.  This is a huge game based on a huge franchise and will fair a lot better in it's release date.

BananaKing

I mean I wish they would have shown some gameplay, but it still looks like it's going to be dope.  And considering this has absolutely no multiplayer I highly doubt it will suffer like anthem.  Anthem had problems far deeper than just the game itself.  Plus I fail to see how this looks like the release date was set in stone.  And titanfall 2 was amazing in it's single player story, but it was released at a bad time by EA.  This is a huge game based on a huge franchise and will fair a lot better in it's release date.
It's releasing in the holiday season s month before a main star wars film is released, instead of a battlefront game. No way is this game ever going to have been delayed. But it did have a 4 year Dev cycle so it did have some time at least.

kitler53

i mean, what bannanna said.  this had a fixed date in mind to capitalize on the holiday and proximity to the movie release.   this probably isn't much different else where but in software development there is the "iron triangle"

a project has: resources, time, features (scope).  you can fix any 2.  most software development has fixed resources because hiring and firing is very disruptive and "more cooks in the kitchen" rarely actually speeds up development substantially until a lengthy on-boarding process is complete.  therefore if you choose to fix on time (release date fixed) then you have to negotiate on features.  

doesn't really matter that anthem is a very different kind of game.  this just looks like (to me) a product of fixing a release date and cutting features/polish to hit that date instead of having a strong vision for what they wanted the game to be and shipping it when it is done.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens