Microsoft Q4: 1.1M XBO/360 Shipped

Started by ethomaz, Jul 22, 2014, 08:38 PM

previous topic - next topic

7H3

that should be more than enough to keep their division alive for quite a bit longer... I mean it has to be doing better than their mobile platforms right?
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Max King of the Wild

That's really badfor the one. 360 did 300k in 10weeks. If it held steady the remaining weeks (and I don't see why it wouldn't) that means 420/680 split. And those numbers are skewed in favor for the one considering a new sku came out. That means MS needed to provide EVERY store with multiple units. I could see 360 beating the one out if they hadn't released the Kinectless version.

ethomaz

That's really badfor the one. 360 did 300k in 10weeks. If it held steady the remaining weeks (and I don't see why it wouldn't) that means 420/680 split. And those numbers are skewed in favor for the one considering a new sku came out. That means MS needed to provide EVERY store with multiple units. I could see 360 beating the one out if they hadn't released the Kinectless version.

I guess they used retail Kinect SKU to bring Kinectless SKU... so that explain the low shipment even with a new model... or they (retail) didn't expected the Kinectless to sell that good and ordered 500k units only.

Xevross

Hey, welcome max :). Yeah this really doesn't look too good for the xbox one. Next Q won't be much beter either with only really Destiny to boost sales. I think PS4 will be about 2m shipped, which is probs about triple the Xbox One, thats not good enough as fsr as MS are concerned.

ethomaz

Ohhhhhh I didn't even noticied.

Welcome @Max King of the Wild

7H3

overall isn't the xone doing well in terms of launch and sales? I mean sure the PS4 is obviously doing better, but aren't both doing really well at this point considering "consoles are dead?"
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

ethomaz

overall isn't the xone doing well in terms of launch and sales? I mean sure the PS4 is obviously doing better, but aren't both doing really well at this point considering "consoles are dead?"

PS4 is yet the fastest selling console... Wii is catching at slow pace so I don't expect that to change until 2015.

Xbox One was the second fastest but now is tracking below Wii and PS2... and 360 is catching at fast pace to MS be worried.

XB1: < 5.9m (I guess it is close to 5.5m).
360: 5.0m

360 shipped 1.0 million in next quarter in 2006... Xbox One needs to ship at least the same to hold the gap.

XB1 did have a amazing two months of sales... November and December... after that it did terrible except February and March (Titanfall).

Dr. Pezus

Well it *is* not doing well, but it *was* doing well when it launched and shortly after. Sales then fell off a cliff.

Go Up