Is Dreams doing ok?

Started by Legend, Nov 27, 2019, 12:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

It came out in EA and looked cool but I haven't heard anything about it in a long while.

Xevross

Dreams Early Access has ~100,000 players | ResetEra

This comes from Media Molecule Communications Manager Abbie Heppe on the latest episode of the AIAS Game Maker's Notebook podcast (player count is mentioned at 12:57). For context, Dreams Early Access launched back in April in North America and Europe, and is still available for $29.99.

Highly recommend you check out the full episode, as well as the other episodes of the show - usually it's Insomniac's Ted Price sitting down with another dev to discuss various aspects of game development that the general public might not be aware of. Recently they've done some great interviews with Leonard Boyarsky about The Outer Worlds and Shannon Studstill about God of War.  
I guess so

Legend

Dreams Early Access has ~100,000 players | ResetEra

I guess so
That's pretty significant but it's hard to convert that to sales data. I'm mostly just worried that the game seemingly disappeared from the general public. Very rarely is it brought up or shown nowadays yet they should be building momentum towards launch. Maybe it's been delayed again.

kitler53

That's pretty significant but it's hard to convert that to sales data. I'm mostly just worried that the game seemingly disappeared from the general public. Very rarely is it brought up or shown nowadays yet they should be building momentum towards launch. Maybe it's been delayed again.
i love MM and LBP and dreams seems like it should be good but.. clearly this game is a financial disaster. 

an entire console generation to make 1 game.  that's battleship.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

i love MM and LBP and dreams seems like it should be good but.. clearly this game is a financial disaster.  

an entire console generation to make 1 game.  that's battleship.
On the bright side MM costs a fraction of what Naughty Dog costs.
Not likely that big of a waste.

BananaKing

an entire console generation to make 1 game.  that's battleship.
Even longer . They started this after lbp2. That was released In Jan 2011. Every sony studio this gen had an impact on ps4. some went above and beyond. One of the best performing studios during the ps2 era (8.5 million for the series). Did almost nothing this gen. Just a port of a vita game. So I dont see how this is acceptable

SWORDF1SH

Dreams is something special. There's a hard core community that are very active and the stuff being made is amazing. Some people collab up and treat their project like it's being made by a proper studio recruiting logic guys, sculpting artists, audio guys and voice actors. I also love the idea of making assets that anybody can use and create there own stuff with it.