Universal's Fantastic Worlds announced, new Orando themepark including a Nintendo world

Started by Legend, Dec 13, 2018, 04:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Ludicrous Speed

I took the family to Florida a few summers ago for their theme parks so my wife could go to Harry Potterville or whatever it's called. They sucked. Actually one was decent, the other was literally like a 90's time capsule in theme park form. A live action Terminator 2 "ride". A Twister "ride". Simpson's Land (though it was awesome to eat inside Moe's), ET, Men In Black, etc. The other was more modern and better in pretty much every way. But they're darn smart to put Harry Potterland in one park and the Harry Potter ride in the other, requiring two admissions.

Legend

I took the family to Florida a few summers ago for their theme parks so my wife could go to Harry Potterville or whatever it's called. They sucked. Actually one was decent, the other was literally like a 90's time capsule in theme park form. A live action Terminator 2 "ride". A Twister "ride". Simpson's Land (though it was awesome to eat inside Moe's), ET, Men In Black, etc. The other was more modern and better in pretty much every way. But they're darn smart to put Harry Potterland in one park and the Harry Potter ride in the other, requiring two admissions.

Hey that's my childhood! They closed both the Terminator 2 and Twister shows, boo. Now they are minions and Jimmy Fallon rides. The Simpsons ride used to be Back to the Future which was also cooler.

The other theme park, islands of adventure, is awesome. It actually has both the main Harry Potter ride and land too. The Harry Potter stuff in the time capsule park was added after the fact since not enough people were visiting that park.

Xevross

Who goes to Universal with the intention of only going to one of the two parks though? They're not that distinct like they are at Disney, they just have different stuff in.

I quite liked Universal when I went, but I thought it had a long way to go to match Disney, so this is good news.