General Discussion Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 16, 2014, 06:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

Oof, yeah.
My problem is society will never heal with name calling.

Each side is so friken stubborn about this simple concept. I lean towards the left side , but the far right it's fueled through name calling. They do it for "liberal years"
Uhuh, same here. I don't like people who are hateful and try to promote backwards thinking. Jaffe has no problem with alt-right people speaking out, but he has problems with Era criticising him. So yeah, I have no time for him.

People on both sides can be backwards though, sure I like people are progressive but sometimes you can go too far. You can cause divisions and unnecessary conflict by calling people out too strongly, or accusing people of something they didn't really do. And of course there's many on the left who are worse than this and do some real bad shame too. But that's just shaming people. shaming people are always shaming, no matter what their political belief.

the-pi-guy

Yeah true, idk about all the things Era said about Jaffe. There probably was some offensive shame, but that's always going to happen and this is a very weird move by Jaffe. Anyway, I have no sympathy for this guy.
Holy shame.  

The stuff where he says that Milo should have a platform is one thing, but saying that Hillary is worse than Hitler is just horrific.  

Kerotan

A joke is supposed to be funny though. Why didn't he joke about the male players?
Did he not joke about them? Maybe he's too insecure around those super star male players?

People often would make jokes about male players at award events so what's the big deal? She's a woman so it's not allowed?

Xevross

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbJOTdZBX1g&

Youtube rewind 2018, second most disliked video ever. People aren't happy about this!

the-pi-guy

So...  there's a pretty chance that my other math class that I'm doing well in, that I might get an A-.

Despite the fact that I haven't been in class in like the past two months.  

Legend

Yay  :P

Chrome's new update forces everyone to switch to the redesign. Now I can barely tell what all my tabs are for. I have 105 open atm. Plus it just looks really ugly.

Every 6 months I'm needing to rant about a website forcing a bad UI change.  :'(

nnodley

Close your fudgy tabs!  Problem solved  8)

What kind of monsters can have that many open at once.  I hate having more than 10 open

Xevross

Close your fudgy tabs!  Problem solved  8)

What kind of monsters can have that many open at once.  I hate having more than 10 open
Yeah I currently have 7 open and it feels like way too many. I don't get the point in having so many tabs open.

Legend

It's called being a programmer!

You'll have tons of tabs open while working on something. Best feeling in the world is when you finish that chunk and can close a bunch of tabs.

nnodley

You'll have tons of tabs open while working on something. Best feeling in the world is when you finish that chunk and can close a bunch of tabs.
nah still seems excessive!  8)

Legend

the-pi-guy

I'm not a real programmer.  

Especially when I'm working on stuff, I don't like having very many windows open.
I find it irritating if I have 30 tabs open and I have to open half of them just to find the tab with the answer I was looking at, an hour ago.  

But that's me.  

-----------------

On a different note.  

I'm kind of really excited to move out.  Just because it's so cool how much stuff my wife and I have.  I'm excited to be able to look around and know that everything around me is something that I worked for or was gifted to me by someone.  It's just kind of crazy, I'm able to look around right now, and see how much stuff we have.  

Hundreds of books, several tubs of clothes, a king sized bed, a big TV, a few bookshelves, a couch, etc.  

nnodley

On a different note.  

I'm kind of really excited to move out.  Just because it's so cool how much stuff my wife and I have.  I'm excited to be able to look around and know that everything around me is something that I worked for or was gifted to me by someone.  It's just kind of crazy, I'm able to look around right now, and see how much stuff we have.  

Hundreds of books, several tubs of clothes, a king sized bed, a big TV, a few bookshelves, a couch, etc.  
Yeah I have that same feeling.  Me and my mom went to IKEA and I got a coffee table and a bunch of kitchen stuff and it's really cool knowing it's going to be "mine".  I honestly can't wait to be able to find my own style of how I want my apartment to look.  But that's still 3 to 5 months away cause I'm trying to save a lot before moving out.

the-pi-guy

On Reddit someone made a comment that Uncharted 1-3 was available separately on PS4.  

I looked on the PSN store, it wasn't true.  

So I corrected them.  But then I decided to check the UK PSN.  They sell them separately. So I corrected myself.  Sold separately in Europe, not in the US.  

Despite the correction, all my comments got downvoted.  ::)

Legend

On Reddit someone made a comment that Uncharted 1-3 was available separately on PS4.  

I looked on the PSN store, it wasn't true.  

So I corrected them.  But then I decided to check the UK PSN.  They sell them separately. So I corrected myself.  Sold separately in Europe, not in the US.  

Despite the correction, all my comments got downvoted.  ::)
Well there's your problem, you thought downvotes made sense  ::)

One of my most downvoted reddit comments is from trying to explain to a person that BFR and Falcon Heavy were different rockets.

Go Up