The VR thread. U R Not red(e) PSVR2 is legitimate!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Sep 05, 2015, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

How sick of Pi's VR hype are you?

Go Down

Mmm_fish_tacos

I wish there was a magical deal that was buy 1 VR headset get another free.  

Really not sure if I should get PSVR or a PC set.  :P
I'm not sure what you should do either. But i was looking at a photo of the new break out box and it isn't looking good for pc plug and play.

Look at the wire leading to the box. It doesn't look like an hdmi connection. Not saying someone couldn't get the box to work with pc as well it just doesn't look promising.

the-pi-guy

I'm not sure what you should do either. But i was looking at a photo of the new break out box and it isn't looking good for pc plug and play.

Look at the wire leading to the box. It doesn't look like an hdmi connection. Not saying someone couldn't get the box to work with pc as well it just doesn't look promising.
There's like 4 cables.  
Think this was the older box, but I expect it to be much the same, cable wise.  

Mmm_fish_tacos

There's like 4 cables.  
Think this was the older box, but I expect it to be much the same, cable wise.  

HDMI in/out, optical, power and the heads sets HDMI

But now the head set has two plugs. I'm guessing one is for audio and one from HDMI. Which doesn't make a lot of sense to me because HDMI carries audio. Maybe the second plug carries power to the head set?

Also, I just pulled out a pair of caliper to get and Idea of how big 5.7 inches will be. The screen is pretty massive when you think about it. It's the size of my phone with a case one it. So field of view should be much improved over the gear vr.  

Pi be like

Mmm_fish_tacos

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  We've seen the retail PlayStation VR headset and it's SPECTACULAR (POLYGON)

Originally Posted by onken

I wonder what the screen door effect is like.. it was pretty bad on the Occulus DK2 I tried.

I've played around with an Oculus DK2 at a friend's place as well as PSVR at PSX earlier in the month. I never noticed any screen door effect on PSVR, tbh. I played 6 different games during that time.

the-pi-guy

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  We've seen the retail PlayStation VR headset and it's SPECTACULAR (POLYGON)
I've played around with an Oculus DK2 at a friend's place as well as PSVR at PSX earlier in the month. I never noticed any screen door effect on PSVR, tbh. I played 6 different games during that time.

Probably does much better things with spacing, and optics.  

Mmm_fish_tacos

The talk about the screen door at 1:20 ish. Very promising.

BananaKing

this is SO fudgy awesome.

if done right this can be huge and amazing.

Raven

Microsoft's mixed reality is for developers, not the public

This guy pretty much comes out and says what Legend said way back when HoloLens was revealed. Microsoft is publicly touting the potential of it but privately showing what its practical uses are and there is quite a gap between the two.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Mmm_fish_tacos

HTC Vive to demo a 'very big' breakthrough in VR at CES

Vive delayed to technological  break through. Thought to be so great that they deiced not to ship with out it. Well find out next month at CES.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Legend

Images of 2nd HTC Vive Headset and New Controllers Leaked - IGN

New version leaked!

Did it always have a camera on it?  
Oh I preferred the old design aesthetically :(

Always had a camera.

the-pi-guy

BananaKing

HTC Vive to demo a 'very big' breakthrough in VR at CES

Vive delayed to technological  break through. Thought to be so great that they deiced not to ship with out it. Well find out next month at CES.
now thats interesting, i wonder what it is.

Mmm_fish_tacos

now thats interesting, i wonder what it is.
Me too, I keep going back and forth on which headset I want.

Go Up