TV Show Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 07, 2014, 03:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

kitler53

netflix should learn something from this...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Legend

Hopefully it also stops every franchise from turning into a cinematic universe.

Just a good show that exists independently to the games. Unlike the tomb raider plans.

Legend

Really fun how much of this episode was shot for shot and word for word with the game.

nnodley

And some good additions to better fill in the characters and world

Legend

And some good additions to better fill in the characters and world
Yeah the game had to stick to the player at all times, while it's cool that the show can focus on other people/places too.

Cool that the one guy is played by Tommy's game actor Jeffrey Pierce.

nnodley

The Last of Us Episode 5 Will Drop on Friday Instead of Super Bowl Sunday
The Last of Us Episode 5 Will Drop on Friday Instead of Super Bowl Sunday - IGN

Heck yeah

the-pi-guy

The Last of Us Ratings: 7.5 Million Viewers During Grammys - Variety

Episode 4 of "The Last of Us" set yet another series high. 7.5 million viewers tuned into Sunday night's episode, up 17% from the 6.4 million that tuned into Episode 3.

Legend

I really underestimated this show. Maybe the Horizon and GOW shows will actually be good.

kitler53

Feb 06, 2023, 11:22 PM Last Edit: Feb 06, 2023, 11:24 PM by kitler53
I really underestimated this show. Maybe the Horizon and GOW shows will actually be good.
who gets what?   

I have no confidence in Netflix. 

The Last of Us Ratings: 7.5 Million Viewers During Grammys - Variety

Soo huge for Sony.  

Legend

who gets what?  

I have no confidence in Netflix.
Soo huge for Sony.  
Horizon for Netflix and GOW for Amazon.

Hopefully like TLOU, Sony is making them and Netflix/Amazon are just distributors.

the-pi-guy

Horizon for Netflix and GOW for Amazon.

Hopefully like TLOU, Sony is making them and Netflix/Amazon are just distributors.
I think it's a bit of a joint effort.

I feel like it was fairly expected that TLOU would be big. People were raving about the talent that was involved (actors, directors and writers) months before we saw anything about the actual show.
I haven't seen that with these other series.  

I kind of expect that Horizon will end up being good, only for Netflix to back out after a season.  ::P

GOW could go either way.

Legend

I think it's a bit of a joint effort.

I feel like it was fairly expected that TLOU would be big. People were raving about the talent that was involved (actors, directors and writers) months before we saw anything about the actual show.
I haven't seen that with these other series.  

I kind of expect that Horizon will end up being good, only for Netflix to back out after a season.  ::P

GOW could go either way.
Horizon and gow still seem to be 2 years away. Hard to hype things up while so little is known.

Gow seems very hard to make. Film tricks can make him look big but it'd need tons of cgi to make him do Kratos stuff. I expect it to be meh like the Halo tv show.

kitler53

horizon is screwed then. 

do we know who plays alloy?

Go Up