PS5 UI shown!

Started by the-pi-guy, Oct 15, 2020, 01:01 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

what makes you think it is a big budget AAA game?   because it has a character editor?

Watch from 8:10 to 8:22 and you see all 3 characters feet are below the floor.  doesn't really scream high effort to me...
Quality of graphics, animation and just the look of it overall look AAA quality. And what makes me actually think its a big budget AAA game is because the devs said so and shinobi reiterated on Era. I don't dismiss a game and its devs just because of one small graphical glitch from an early build.

DerNebel

what makes you think it is a big budget AAA game?   because it has a character editor?

Watch from 8:10 to 8:22 and you see all 3 characters feet are below the floor.  doesn't really scream high effort to me...
Have you played Ghost of Tsushima?

Legend

what makes you think it is a big budget AAA game?   because it has a character editor?

Watch from 8:10 to 8:22 and you see all 3 characters feet are below the floor.  doesn't really scream high effort to me...
That's actually kinda funny. It's not too uncommon to not put physics on geometry like that, but why would you highlight it in a video?

DerNebel

Also am I the only one weirdly intrigued by the fact that this is classified under "State of Play"? Could this potentially hint at the possibilty of State of Plays happening without prior announcements in the future?

I mean look at this video, the metrics are crazy. If you have the right content then these things can spread like wildfire without needing to drum up much attention beforehand, plus you don't need to deal with setting people's expectations as much.

the-pi-guy

Also am I the only one weirdly intrigued by the fact that this is classified under "State of Play"? Could this potentially hint at the possibilty of State of Plays happening without prior announcements in the future?

I mean look at this video, the metrics are crazy. If you have the right content then these things can spread like wildfire without needing to drum up much attention beforehand, plus you don't need to deal with setting people's expectations as much.
Yeah I thought it was strange they called it a state of play.

I'm kind of expecting at least one more state of play like this.

Xevross

That's actually kinda funny. It's not too uncommon to not put physics on geometry like that, but why would you highlight it in a video?
Yeah you see foot clipping all the time in games but its funny they didn't avoid it here, it puts a big of a negative on the game that was totally unneeded. They could have taken the screenshot anywhere else.

The metrics are huge but a preannounced premiere would definitely still be bigger.

the-pi-guy

To articulate what I was feeling before with Destruction all stars.  

If you have ever played Horizon, there's a really nice fluidity with running. It still feels grounded but it feels faster and free-er. It honestly feels fun just running around in a way that most games don't manage.

We only saw a few seconds here, but I see a similar fluidity.  

So I have a feeling that game is actually going to be fun.

kitler53

Oct 16, 2020, 02:42 PM Last Edit: Oct 16, 2020, 02:43 PM by kitler53
To articulate what I was feeling before with Destruction all stars. 

If you have ever played Horizon, there's a really nice fluidity with running. It still feels grounded but it feels faster and free-er. It honestly feels fun just running around in a way that most games don't manage.

We only saw a few seconds here, but I see a similar fluidity. 

So I have a feeling that game is actually going to be fun.

I'm less worried about it being fun then I am about it being empty.  no matter hhow good the game is it will suck if you can only play against bots.

sony has failed to build any hype for this.  mp games die in just a few weeks if you can't built a community right away. 

I still think this would do better as a free to play game.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

I'm less worried about it being fun then I am about it being empty.  no matter hhow good the game is it will suck if you can only play against bots.

sony has failed to build any hype for this.  mp games die in just a few weeks if you can't built a community right away.  

I still think this would do better as a free to play game.
Yeah this should have been a F2P game. And on PS4. I would have definitely tried it out if it was. Seems like a lot of silly fun.

Xevross

https://www.resetera.com/threads/playstation-studios-ot15-compatible-with-99-of-previous-ots-see-threadmarks-for-list-of-unsupported-ots.306661/post-48727687

Someone found the switcher icon when outside of a game or before the game loaded at startup, it shows up as this (second along):

Which is a pretty universal symbol from phones for switching between open apps. I watched the video again and indeed you can see that icon just for a split second before it switches to Sackboy.

the-pi-guy

I kind of wonder if we will start getting weekly UI showings.

There is still stuff to show like the switcher.  And they said there was more to show in the coming weeks till launch.

Mmm_fish_tacos

So, people are mad about the voice chat thing?

kitler53

So, people are mad about the voice chat thing?
apparently,.. seems there are loads of people that join a VC by themselves as a work around to muting people in a mp match.   to me it seems like a dumb workaround and people should be requesting a feature to "mute all" in a mp gaming.  

i games with my friend on thursday worried that the new system would be disruptive based on all the whining.   i dunno,. as far as i'm concerned the system is an improvement.  ...but i only have the one friend i game with regularly so maybe i just don't have enough friends. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

apparently,.. seems there are loads of people that join a VC by themselves as a work around to muting people in a mp match.   to me it seems like a dumb workaround and people should be requesting a feature to "mute all" in a mp gaming.  

i games with my friend on thursday worried that the new system would be disruptive based on all the whining.   i dunno,. as far as i'm concerned the system is an improvement.  ...but i only have the one friend i game with regularly so maybe i just don't have enough friends.
Its annoying to me as it was an easy option to permenantly mute all other players, a lot of games have it where you have to do it every new lobby you enter which sucks. I know a lot of solo streamers enter a solo party to avoid any slip of other people in voice chat too.

It does suck and honestly I don't see much of a positive of this new party system, permanent groups to make a quick party with the people you want are cool but they didn;t have to remove the ability of making new/ private parties to implement it.

Go Up