Spider-Man 2 |OT| (91 OC, 91 MC) - biggest day launch for PS

Started by the-pi-guy, May 31, 2023, 09:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

kitler53

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

First trailer looked kinda cool. No doubt EA or some other higher up switched it to a generic gritty game thinking it'd sell more.

Dr. Pezus

Ugh I remember when all games had to be grey and bland

the-pi-guy

How Spider-Man 2 taps into the PS5

Double the city
Spider-Man's turf extends beyond Manhattan to include Brooklyn and Queens in Marvel's Spider-Man 2. In previous Marvel's Spider-Man games, these areas weren't accessible and were simply low-poly representations of the wider city. The sequel's doubled map size is possible in part due to the PS5, as is the game's ability to render the sprawling metropolis at a greater distance. Standing atop a Manhattan skyscraper you can clearly see the shapes and colors of Brooklyn's traversable skyline.
Rippling musculature
Speaking of, Insomniac is upping the realism of their character models with simulated musculature. This subtle enhancement makes character movement look more natural to the eye, similar to the improvements in facial capture. For example, you'll see arm muscles bulge or stretch beneath the Super Heroes' skin-tight suits or the jaw muscles of Lizard flex convincingly when bellowing a roar.
Bustling city life
Spider-Man is nothing without a city to protect, and Marvel's New York is livelier than ever. New York pedestrians are represented by a more diverse array of body types, and enter and exit buildings. They drive down streets in vehicles that display the subtle, authentic bobbing motion of automotive suspension systems. In past Marvel's Spider-Man titles, players could peep into building windows for a glimpse at decorated interiors - Marvel's Spider-Man 2 heightens the detail with actual occupants. These small details help build a rich city backdrop that feels alive.

the-pi-guy

Legend

gold 1 month ahead of release. Pretty nice for a modern game.

Dr. Pezus

What's up with Spider man's mask in a one on one video?

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

nnodley

nice an earlier embargo day. Always seems a good sign when reviews come out 3 to 4 days early.

the-pi-guy

I've been a little surprised with how quiet this thread has been. We're a week away from one of the biggest games of the year and we're only on page 3 people!

MC scores go!

kitler53

i'm ashamed to say i've yet to even play the first one.   had it downloaded to play next but then deleted it to play calisto protocol as my halloween game of the year.   

hard for me to be too excited about spiderman 2 when i'm 2 games behind on the franchise i guess.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Legend

Oct 13, 2023, 03:21 PM Last Edit: Oct 14, 2023, 03:17 PM by Legend

I thought Miles Morales was a solid 8/10 but spiderman fans are crazy. This will get great reviews unless people knock it for being more of the same.

Edt: leaving the above as a joke

nnodley

Go Up