The Gaming Community Thread! Multiplats and the like are welcome.

Started by Legend, Apr 23, 2015, 01:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

So I just finished watching a video detailing that Resident Evil 4 HD Project that some guy has been pouring his life into.  All I can say is "epic".  The guy literally managed to find the sources of what Capcom used to create their assets.  The real life sources, not the original textures.  Pictures of walls, stairs, doors, statues, etc.  What's even more messed is how Capcom's artists just ripped off real life like that.
Pretty much every game works like that. Makes HD ports much nicer haha.

Also cool video about that project.

darkknightkryta

Pretty much every game works like that. Makes HD ports much nicer haha.

Also cool video about that project.

That's the video I had watched.

Legend

That's the video I had watched.
Jacob Geller is great. Check out some of his other videos if you haven't already.

Xevross

Looks like Hitman 3 is meeting expectations. First big game of the year and the first big review score of the year Hitman 3 for Switch, PS4, XB1, Stadia, PS5, XBXS Reviews - OpenCritic

Legend

Looks like Hitman 3 is meeting expectations. First big game of the year and the first big review score of the year Hitman 3 for Switch, PS4, XB1, Stadia, PS5, XBXS Reviews - OpenCritic
That's great!

Highest rated VR game in a while too.

Dr. Pezus

That's great!

Highest rated VR game in a while too.
Amazing. I kind of want it. Never be big on hitman but the hitman reboot is quite fun!

Xevross

Finally got round to playing Ori 2. Played the first 3 hours, and its brilliant. Feels like a big step up from the first game in every regard so far.

the-pi-guy

Sony Music: *buys something*
Sony Music: *buys something else*

Sony IE: eh whatever.

kitler53

Sony Music: *buys something*

Sony IE: eh whatever.
you'll sing a different tune* once you get sony's music services on ps5..

*pun intended.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Feb 17, 2021, 01:25 AM Last Edit: Feb 17, 2021, 02:10 AM by the-pi-guy
Stadia Leadership Praised Development Studios For 'Great Progress' Just One Week Before Laying Them All Off

Article kind of sucks, but apparently Google gave up due to Microsoft buying Zenimax.  

Kind of makes sense.  
Google was not willing to spend billions to compete in the same space in the way that MS, Sony are willing to.

Amazon doesn't seem to be in the same boat.  They seem to be perfectly willing to burn through lots of funding.

The issue is they have no clue how to make games.  

Xevross

Bloober Team hints it could be working on Silent Hill… but it's not the only one | VGC

Two separate rumors now saying the same thing. I'm pretty sure katharsisT & other Era insiders have heard of the sony one and some of the confusion and debate might be around the fact there are actually two SH games being made.

Legend

Could be. Seems like a stretch though. Bloober could be doing anything.

the-pi-guy

Could be. Seems like a stretch though. Bloober could be doing anything.
What other Horror IPs would "cause a stir" if they were working on it?  

I feel like the list is pretty much:
Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Dead Space I feel like are the big 3.  

Left 4 Dead probably would just because it'd be a third Valve game.  

Legend

What other Horror IPs would "cause a stir" if they were working on it?  

I feel like the list is pretty much:
Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Dead Space I feel like are the big 3.  

Left 4 Dead probably would just because it'd be a third Valve game.  

I remember going through this with Frontier Developments. They've done a lot of ip deals recently and half the time it lives up to the hype (Jurassic Park) and other times it's completely out of left field and feels like pr speak (F1 management game).

the-pi-guy

Article was updated. Konami wants to outsource their IPs after failures.

Go Up