Xbox Will Never Get a Version of Street Fighter 5, Says Capcom Rep

Started by Raven, Jun 11, 2015, 10:13 PM

previous topic - next topic

darkknightkryta

You got a point there, though the Mass Effect situation is not the best example to point to (that's the only one I can think of right now).
There was Ninja Gaiden 2, which was actually what I was thinking of.  Plus the other "timed" exclusives that were "exclusive" for a year.

Aura7541

There was Ninja Gaiden 2, which was actually what I was thinking of.  Plus the other "timed" exclusives that were "exclusive" for a year.
Oh yeah, now I remember. The PS3 versions of Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2 basically had sigma added to the end.

darkknightkryta

Oh yeah, now I remember. The PS3 versions of Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2 basically had sigma added to the end.
Yup.  I can't think of any time where Sony said something was exclusive and wasn't. They'll either say it's timed or not.  Microsoft tries to make it seem like it's exclusive and it never is.

Aura7541

A very good comment from OrbitalMatrix, in my opinion.

Yeah, I need to ask all of the naysayers. If Capcom can't even find the cash to port USF4 to next generation consoles, then why do think it so easy to build a brand new SF game from the ground up for next generation consoles. No one has any doubts that at some point in 2018 or later we would have got SFV anyway. As it stands, however, we're getting the game in March 2016, because of Sony's involvement, and with cross platform play to boot.

Without the involvement of Sony I can guarantee two things:
1) We'd be waiting years to play this game.
2) It would be on Xbox One and there would be no cross platform play.

I think the benefits outweigh the fact one platform is missing out, personally. Just happy we're getting Street Fighter V, and soon.

ethomaz

Sony is co-developing... makes sense.

lol at xbox fans downplaying the biggest fighting game in the world.

BasilZero

Finally, we can get Street Fighter The Definitive Edition.

Go Up