Nintendo Community Thread

Started by Legend, Jul 26, 2014, 04:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

kitler53

I wonder just how "pro" it will be. New 3DS bump? Xbox One S bump? Xbox One X bump?

I never play switch on the go so I'd love one that really bumped up the power when docked.
nintendo can feel free prove me wrong but i really doubt that nintendo can achieve an xbox one x bump without eliminating portability.  for the same reason xbox series x is gigantic nintendo probably can't cram much more power in without literally going bigger.   manufacturing just isn't shrinking anymore. switch is already pretty ridiculously big for a system claiming to be portable.  to reach a threshold of "4.6 more powerful" switch's form factor would probably have to double in volume.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

nintendo can feel free prove me wrong but i really doubt that nintendo can achieve an xbox one x bump without eliminating portability.  for the same reason xbox series x is gigantic nintendo probably can't cram much more power in without literally going bigger.   manufacturing just isn't shrinking anymore. switch is already pretty ridiculously big for a system claiming to be portable.  to reach a threshold of "4.6 more powerful" switch's form factor would probably have to double in volume.
A dock with local hardware could do that. Either do something fancy where the game uses the combined power of both when docked, or have it just swap to an external gpu.

kitler53

A dock with local hardware could do that. Either do something fancy where the game uses the combined power of both when docked, or have it just swap to an external gpu.
if that was the case they wouldn't even need to release a new switch.  just a new dock.  sold seperately of course.  it just wouldn't be nintendo if the hardware didn't have a massive mark-up compared to what you get from sony/ms.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

if that was the case they wouldn't even need to release a new switch.  just a new dock.  sold seperately of course.  it just wouldn't be nintendo if the hardware didn't have a massive mark-up compared to what you get from sony/ms.
Does the current switch have the ports to support that?

Also a few upgrades internally could help keep the rest of the switch from being a bottleneck.

Nintendo has had so much success with their blue ocean strategy. If people are willing to pay the price, why would they stop?  ;)

Legend

Xevross

Animal Crossing looking fantastic!

Xevross

Animal Crossing getting spectacular reviews, the first AC to have 90+ score I think.

Its absolutely the perfect time for this game to release, its going to sell an insane amount of copies. I personally can't wait, I have it preloaded on my switch.

Dr. Pezus

Animal Crossing getting spectacular reviews, the first AC to have 90+ score I think.

Its absolutely the perfect time for this game to release, its going to sell an insane amount of copies. I personally can't wait, I have it preloaded on my switch.
Lol yeah everyone stuck at home playing this

Xevross

Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=ubRf4zyEvG4&feature=emb_title

So Nintendo just randomly dropped a direct.
Nothing super interesting. Was hoping for BOTW2 and Metroid teases!

the-pi-guy

Breath of the Wild+2
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Super Smash Bros
Super Mario Odyssey
Pokemon Sword and Shield
Mario Maker 2
Luigi's Mansion
Splatoon 1 (+2?)
Mario + Rabbids
NSMBU Deluxe
Xenoblade Chronicles
Animal Crossing
Bayonetta

I gotta get Switch sometime.

Legend

Breath of the Wild
Super Smash Bros
Super Mario Odyssey
Luigi's Mansion
Mario + Rabbids
Animal Crossing

I gotta get Switch sometime.
It never feels like it but I guess my switch library is getting pretty solid. Removed the ones I don't have/haven't released yet.

Dr. Pezus

Breath of the Wild+2
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Super Smash Bros
Super Mario Odyssey
(Pokemon Sword and Shield)
Mario Maker 2
Luigi's Mansion
(NSMBU Deluxe)
(Xenoblade Chronicles)
Animal Crossing
Interested in

Xevross

Apr 09, 2020, 10:08 AM Last Edit: Apr 09, 2020, 10:10 AM by Xevross
It never feels like it but I guess my switch library is getting pretty solid. Removed the ones I don't have/haven't released yet.
Yeah same here, its super lacklustre compared to my PS4 library but then I remember my PS4 library is pretty freakish and the average person only buys 10 games or fewer for their system. I have on Switch:

Breath of the Wild
Link's Awakening
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Super Smash Bros
Super Mario Odyssey
Pokemon Sword
Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu
Luigi's Mansion 3
Mario + Rabbids
Animal Crossing NH
Gris
Golf Story
Cat Quest 1+2
Diablo 3
Octopath Traveller
Mario Tennis Aces
Ring Fit Adventure
Ys 8
Grid Autosport
Wargroove
Astral Chain
Celeste

So yeah my Switch library is actually already 2x larger than the average owner will have in the Switch's lifetime, with most being exclusive (bolded). This is already easily the best Nintendo library I've ever got.

Dr. Pezus

May 18, 2020, 02:27 PM Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 02:30 PM by Dr. Pezus
I have a Switch now! (lite version)
Why are your best tips and tricks? How does the region thing in the eshop work? Looks like I can switch to US. Can I use my card there? Can I Switch back?

Got Pokemon sword with it (for an additional 7dollars so meh)

I'm thinking Zelda or Mario Odyssey as first game purchase. Probably Mario first

Go Up