Guess which Sony game just got delayed into 2017?

Started by BananaKing, Aug 30, 2016, 12:13 PM

previous topic - next topic

BananaKing

Gran Turismo of course. now its just TLG and Gravity Rush left on the list. Sony should delay those, then Delay Spiderman, GoW, Days Gone and Detroit to 2018, so they can make way for 2016's line up to occupy 2017.

DerNebel

And they aren't even giving a new window (outside of 2017) let alone a date. Wohoo.

Seriously I'd blow a fuse again, but what's it matter at this point, people don't want to admit that Sony has a problem hitting dates this gen anyway.

ethomaz

Dr. Pezus

Lol fudge off Sony

Aura7541

And you'd think by now, Sony has learned its lesson on not giving a release date until they are absolutely sure, but no...

Ludicrous Speed

Good, maybe they can add some AI and good sounds. Physics, too.

Who am I kidding though. One year delay to make that upholstery look extra realistic in photo mode!

kitler53

doesn't bother me,.. i hate racing sims.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

You scared me with the title. A delay for tlg would have been horrible.

GT though? Eh

DerNebel

And you'd think by now, Sony has learned its lesson on not giving a release date until they are absolutely sure, but no...
They have kinda learned their lesson looking at E3. Still they haven't learned the lesson they should have learned imo, I refuse to believe that all those delays were unavoidable.

DerNebel

You know what the best thing about this is, I argued about this in conjunction with Sony's general incompetence when it comes to hitting deadlines (because of course I would do that) and there are still people arguing that Sony carries no blame for all of this, that this is all on the studios and that Sony couldn't do anything to change the situation.

WTF?

Mmm_fish_tacos

Did they say why?

DerNebel

Mmm_fish_tacos

The usual "more time to perfect the game" line.

Gran Turismo Sport Update - PlayStation.Blog
I guess I won't feel bad about not getting psvr this year then. This is the main reason I wanted it.

DerNebel

I guess I won't feel bad about not getting psvr this year then. This is the main reason I wanted it.
Nah, you'll feel bad. We all know DOA Extreme is PSVR launch killer app.

Legend

You know what the best thing about this is, I argued about this in conjunction with Sony's general incompetence when it comes to hitting deadlines (because of course I would do that) and there are still people arguing that Sony carries no blame for all of this, that this is all on the studios and that Sony couldn't do anything to change the situation.

WTF?
Everyone is delaying games nowadays and it's crazy.

Uncharted 4: 2 delays?
Quantum Break: 2?
No Man's sky: 3
Scalebound: 1
Mighty Number 9: 3
Legend of Zelda: 2
ReCore: 1
Sea of Thieves: 1
Mass Effect 4: 1
Horizon: 1
GT: 1
Crackdown 3: 1
FF15: 1

Are publishers just more willing to do delays? Are devs being overconfident? Are marketers demanding dates early? Is 8th gen programing more prone to error?