The Gaming Community Thread! Multiplats and the like are welcome.

Started by Legend, Apr 23, 2015, 01:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

BananaKing

Looking at From Software's released games.  Last year they didn't release anything; even though they release pretty regularly.  

I'm ready for E3.
They had a teaser at TGA last year. Be ready for E3 .I really hope it's bloodborne 2, but the fact it was at TGA not PSX says a lot.

the-pi-guy

I feel pretty confident in saying Bloodborne is one of my top games ever now.  

They had a teaser at TGA last year. Be ready for E3 .I really hope it's bloodborne 2, but the fact it was at TGA not PSX says a lot.
Yeah I know.  
It's probably not Bloodborne 2.  ::(
Sounded like a Kuon inspired game.  

Xevross

I finished Celeste. What an absolutely beautiful game. Normally I don't like 2d platformers but this game was just incredible to play, the controls are so tight and the mechanics are always fresh and engaging. Everything about it is just pretty much perfect, especially the story.

I can't recommend it highly enough to you all.

Dr. Pezus

Mar 20, 2018, 11:19 PM Last Edit: Mar 20, 2018, 11:21 PM by Dr. Pezus
I finished Celeste. What an absolutely beautiful game. Normally I don't like 2d platformers but this game was just incredible to play, the controls are so tight and the mechanics are always fresh and engaging. Everything about it is just pretty much perfect, especially the story.

I can't recommend it highly enough to you all.
It's on my watchlist

How long is it?

the-pi-guy

It's on my watchlist

How long is it?
My doctor told me length didn't matter. :(

Xevross

It's on my watchlist

How long is it?
I finished it in 7 hours and 15 mins, although I didn't get many of the collectables or side content during my first playthrough. Each chapter has a 'B side' which you can unlock too, plus there's an extra chapter that you can unlock by finding some of the side collectable things in the main game. So even though I've finished the story I think I haven't even played half the game yet. (Well I just looked it up and competitionist playthroughs take an average of 32 hours, so I definitely have a lot left to do)

Each chapter is extremely different as well. The core of the game is your jumping and dashing abilities being used for platforming, but there's also other mechanics which are completely unique to each chapter. It constantly feels fresh, and is constantly very challenging. Its a good kind of challenging though, its kind of like souls in that you're supposed to die to learn a bit more about how to complete the section you're stuck on. Every death feels like a lesson rather than a failure, and it feels like it was you messing up, rather than the game being bad/ annoying, because the controls are so tight and responsive.

Xevross

^^ so I just read that each chapter has a C side which you unlock once you finished all B sides, so I've played way less than 1/3 of the game actually. Awesome.

Dr. Pezus

^^ so I just read that each chapter has a C side which you unlock once you finished all B sides, so I've played way less than 1/3 of the game actually. Awesome.
Lol. Go play!

Legend

That teaser was so lame. If they followed it up with a full trailer at PSX it would have been cool, but instead it's just easy to forget about.

BananaKing

That teaser was so lame. If they followed it up with a full trailer at PSX it would have been cool, but instead it's just easy to forget about.
It was easy to forget about, specially since it doesnt even tell us which one of the 3 projects their working on. Obviously it's not the mech game, but it could be the new IP or the "Dark RPG" that they mentioned. People were guessing got a bit, but the trailer didn't show if much.

I really hope it's bloodborne 2 though. Even though I doubt it. They could havw showed it at TGA instead of PSX so they can make people guess and not be sure it's bloodborne 2. But that's a long shot. Maybe because PSX wasn't a full show, I don't know.

Legend

It was easy to forget about, specially since it doesnt even tell us which one of the 3 projects their working on. Obviously it's not the mech game, but it could be the new IP or the "Dark RPG" that they mentioned. People were guessing got a bit, but the trailer didn't show if much.

I really hope it's bloodborne 2 though. Even though I doubt it. They could havw showed it at TGA instead of PSX so they can make people guess and not be sure it's bloodborne 2. But that's a long shot. Maybe because PSX wasn't a full show, I don't know.
And even if it's not bloodborne2, they could announce bb2 at e3.

BananaKing

And even if it's not bloodborne2, they could announce bb2 at e3.

They won't announce two games at the same time. That's not smart for marketing

Legend

They won't announce two games at the same time. That's not smart for marketing
Bloodborne 2 would be announced by Sony. The other game could be at a different show.

Legend

Kinda rolled my eyes at the disclaimer at the start of the video  ::)

Legend

Kotaku:The Best Video Game Trees, According To Someone Who Makes Them | ResetEra

https://kotaku.com/the-best-video-game-trees-according-to-someone-who-mak-1824029642 SpeedTree offers developers a huge library of trees as well as tools that let them quickly make their own, and its tech has appeared in everything from The Witcher 3 to Forza to Destiny.  Unless you're a woodsman-turned-Twitch-streamer or an NPC squirrel, you probably don't spend a ton of time thinking about video game trees. But Sonia Piasecki, who's been an artist at SpeedTree for five years, does. Even so, she had to think for a splinter-sized portion of yet another year before reaching a verdict. "That's a hard question," she said. "A lot of recent games have some great trees. I was really impressed with The Witcher 3. That was a couple years ago, but it was some really beautiful tech. Right now, though, I would say Assassin's Creed: Origins." Piasecki, who's spent countless hours researching tree species and how they're affected by different seasons in pursuit of authenticity, applauded the game's attention to detail.(​IMG)(​IMG) Two years earlier:(​IMG) Krejlooc said:  
Yu Suzuki is a pioneer in this field. He spent years developing procedural forest generations. A lot of things like SpeedTree are built off of the research his team pioneered. You can hear him talk about the basics of this stuff in his GDC keynote presentation:Click to expand...
Trees in games thread  

Go Up