Horizon Forbidden West |OT| it's out

Started by the-pi-guy, Sep 03, 2021, 02:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Melee like that was always a huge weakpoint for the first game.

It would be cool if this ended up being a Uncharted 1 -> Uncharted 2 style jump, where the game is much the same, but with a lot more polish.

Legend

Hey I just realized my avatar is relevant again! Being lazy has paid off. Fun that this and GOW are coming out relatively close to each other.

nnodley

Hey I just realized my avatar is relevant again! Being lazy has paid off. Fun that this and GOW are coming out relatively close to each other.
haha.  Mine hasn't been relevant for years. lol

the-pi-guy

haha.  Mine hasn't been relevant for years. lol
They just released the first 3 games again this year. :P
Pretty relevant if you ask me!

the-pi-guy

kitler53

all I'm seeing is an argument they are wasting all that power in the ps5.  I'm seeing a reason to be mad about cross gen.  I'm seeing battleship in the "we believe in generations"

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

all I'm seeing is an argument they are wasting all that power in the ps5.  I'm seeing a reason to be mad about cross gen.  I'm seeing battleship in the "we believe in generations"
Bruh, horizon ZD came out in early 2017. They were targeting 2016. So preproduction likely started in late 2016 as they were polishing horizon ZD. What hardware where they supposed to target? At that point nobody knew what PS5 was going to be. Heck SSDs and Raytracing in consoles was a pipedream.

In late 2016 youd expect them to consider PS4 as a piece of hardware, since they need something to actually work on. Also this was intended to come out earlier without a doubt, but no doubt covid iced things up.

kitler53

1. GG went into the frozen wilds after zero dawn.  i doubt pre production started in 2016.  

2. this is a first party studio. they had reasonable target specs known to them.  

the-pi-guy

kitler53

not gonna watch.   i'm not buying day-1 but i'm definitely buying.  i think i've had enough spoilers at this point.  

Dr. Pezus

Legend

1. GG went into the frozen wilds after zero dawn.  i doubt pre production started in 2016.  

2. this is a first party studio. they had reasonable target specs known to them.  
Wow it's really been ~5 years since Zero Dawn. That increases my hype for Forbidden West a lot. For some reason it felt like a quicker sequel.

BananaKing

Not gonna watch either. One if the most fun parts about horizon was exploring the world to find new kinds of machines. I feel I already spoiled way too much for myself already

the-pi-guy

Wow it's really been ~5 years since Zero Dawn. That increases my hype for Forbidden West a lot. For some reason it felt like a quicker sequel.
Just 10 days short of 5 years.

Legend

Go Up