Japan launch:

PS5 118k
XSX/S 21k

Dr. Pezus

Dr. Pezus

Spidey has sold over 20m on PS4

BananaKing

Spidey has sold over 20m on PS4
Holly fudge. Im not suprised at all. But Holly fudge. This isn't even done selling yet. Its just 2 years old and got a PS5 remastered.

What are we thinking, 30-35 million lifetime?

Man...  if you would have told me at the start if the gen that sony would have 3 20 million sellers i would have laughed uncontrollably. But now, TLOU, spiderman and GoW are all 20 million.

Xevross

Wow
Yeah, wow in many ways. Ultimately its exactly where people had been expecting.

That's the lowest launch for xbox in Japan ever, but its sold out at 21k first week while XB1 was readily available with 25k so perhaps better signs. PS5 is the second lowest Japan launch for a playstation, above PS3. This is obviously just the amount Sony shipped, there is extremely high demand for PS5 in Japan. 500k by the end of the year in Japan would be great, but who knows how much more Sony will supply.

DerNebel

Yeah, wow in many ways. Ultimately its exactly where people had been expecting.

That's the lowest launch for xbox in Japan ever, but its sold out at 21k first week while XB1 was readily available with 25k so perhaps better signs. PS5 is the second lowest Japan launch for a playstation, above PS3. This is obviously just the amount Sony shipped, there is extremely high demand for PS5 in Japan. 500k by the end of the year in Japan would be great, but who knows how much more Sony will supply.
I'm mostly confused by the PS5 software sales.

Did people buy the PS4 version of Miles Morales? What about Demon's Souls? Are japanese players just playing Astro Bot and BC titles?

Dr. Pezus

Did people buy the PS4 version of Miles Morales? What about Demon's Souls? Are japanese players just playing Astro Bot and BC titles?
Digital

DerNebel

Dr. Pezus

Not in Japan. Not to this degree.

I mean there were other games that aren't listed. It'll probably add up to close to 1 per console with digital included

DerNebel

I mean there were other games that aren't listed. It'll probably add up to close to 1 per console with digital included
Maybe... still seems like a low attach rate for day 1 considering that that's when most of the buyers are core players (and scalpers).

Xevross

Scalpers still holding onto consoles, PS4 BC and digital ratio growing and growing are all factors in this.

kitler53

i can only speak for myself but unless i get my ps5 on ratchet and clank release day i just don't see myself getting a game with my console.  

astrobot.  bugsnax.  maybe destruction all-stars by the time i get one.   ps4 BC.  cross buy (i picked up sackboy for my quarantine)

unlike prior hardware releases i'm overwhelmed by the amount of games i can play.  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

Switch sold only 2k less than PS5 in Japan last week.

kitler53

Switch sold only 2k less than PS5 in Japan last week.
ps5 won!

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Dr. Pezus

Go Up