Video Game Sales Thread

Started by Xevross, Aug 14, 2014, 02:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kerotan

Pubg ps4 most likely announced at TGA December 7th and released on the 8th. PS4 software sales were already going to be insane but now they'll be even higher. Anyone want to guess how much this version sells in December?

Dr. Pezus

Pubg ps4 most likely announced at TGA December 7th and released on the 8th. PS4 software sales were already going to be insane but now they'll be even higher. Anyone want to guess how much this version sells in December?
Isn't it free?

Xevross

Dr. Pezus

PUBG is $30
Huh oh of course. Forgot for a second

Xevross

Benji just said PS4's $199 shipments this year look much higher than last year, and think Sony are borderline trolling with their FY projection, obviously saying PS4 will sell much higher than they're saying. Last November was huge, so this will be fun.

BananaKing

Benji just said PS4's $199 shipments this year look much higher than last year, and think Sony are borderline trolling with their FY projection, obviously saying PS4 will sell much higher than they're saying. Last November was huge, so this will be fun.
Remember their FY also includes Q1 from next year, and while software wide it's strong, it doesn't have the software that will push sales like Q1 of this year did. And they raised their projection by 1.5 million already if I'm not mistaken, it was at 16 million at the start of the FY.

Another thing that this is WW, while the USA is up YoY the rest of the world isn't, and that's clear by the lower shipments from last year.

However I really do hope they have a lot more stock this year than last. Because a 199$ spiderman ps4 bundle is going to sell absolutely insane.

I wonder if Sony will do a promotion during December. Last year's 50$ cut on the pro wasn't really effective. I hope they do a better one on the PS4 slim this year.

They should do a 199$ slim, and a 350$ pro running for two weeks this holiday

Do you have a link to benjis post?

Xevross

Remember their FY also includes Q1 from next year, and while software wide it's strong, it doesn't have the software that will push sales like Q1 of this year did. And they raised their projection by 1.5 million already if I'm not mistaken, it was at 16 million at the start of the FY.

Another thing that this is WW, while the USA is up YoY the rest of the world isn't, and that's clear by the lower shipments from last year.

However I really do hope they have a lot more stock this year than last. Because a 199$ spiderman ps4 bundle is going to sell absolutely insane.

I wonder if Sony will do a promotion during December. Last year's 50$ cut on the pro wasn't really effective. I hope they do a better one on the PS4 slim this year.

They should do a 199$ slim, and a 350$ pro running for two weeks this holiday

Do you have a link to benjis post?
Exactly but Sony are predicting PS4 will be quite a lot down YOY the next two quarters but it's looking like it might be up YOY in the holiday. Early next year is stacked with games as well so I can see sales being good then too. Although I guess if PS4 is still $299 after the holidays it will begin to hurt it, it's been that price for too long now.

Yeah I think he was just making a point. He said he doesn't know if they're expecting outside the US to be down YOY, but he feels good about PS4 being up in NPD at least.

Last year PS4 had an insane November but then a big drop to December, we could see something like that again. Either way, it'll be interesting to see what Spidey PS4 can do.

I think of they do this $199 deal with good stock then do a permanent price cut of $50 in December then they're going to blast past their sales target. If price doesn't go down then maybe sales will collapse, who knows.

Kerotan

They will beat their forecast no problem. The original of 16m was a joke.

Dr. Pezus

Xevross

October 2018 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes Tuesday, November 13th | Page 8 | ResetEra
Yeah I imagine that bundle is going to blast past 1 million. Depends if Sony keep shipping it and make it the new regular bundle.

Xevross

YSO are predicting let's go will be one of the weakest mainline pokemon launches ever, perhaps even the new lowest. (Japan). I'm expecting a pretty poor opening in the UK too.

Cute Pikachu

Reviews for Let's Go seem good.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

darkknightkryta

I actually pre ordered the game after I saw the battles.

Xevross

I actually pre ordered the game after I saw the battles.
Yeah I have it pre-ordered, and the reviews are making me satisfied with that. Also as I said in the review thread I'm happy I've gone with pikachu, Eevee being extremely OP is pretty whack.

darkknightkryta

Yeah I have it pre-ordered, and the reviews are making me satisfied with that. Also as I said in the review thread I'm happy I've gone with pikachu, Eevee being extremely OP is pretty whack.
I just like Eevee better =D

Go Up