Horizon Zero Dawn

Started by the-pi-guy, Feb 02, 2017, 04:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Raven

The post credits scene had you in tears? Do you not mean the pre credits scene? If so, I agree. It was beautiful, fantastic writing.

The post credits scene is an ominous sequel setup though yeah. I'm not sure I like it being there, or at least they could have perhaps done it a bit better.
It was 3 in the morning for me when I beat it. Couldn't remember if those two scenes happened back to back or one happened pre and the other post. Either way, sounds like you know what I meant.

Xevross

It was 3 in the morning for me when I beat it. Couldn't remember if those two scenes happened back to back or one happened pre and the other post. Either way, sounds like you know what I meant.
Yeah I just wanted to make sure :P

Spoiler for Hidden:
Definitely the game's most emotional moment.

Raven

Yeah I just wanted to make sure :P

Spoiler for Hidden:
Definitely the game's most emotional moment.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Aloy's face when she knew for sure it was Sobeck she had found... unbelievable. I was instantly in tears for her. Finding both her mother and herself from hundreds of years ago, sitting there at what was left of her home as she died alone after having put everything she had into saving us. Aloy, after all those years and all that fighting and heartache, found what she had been looking for. An end and a beginning all at once. Now she has to walk in the shoes of Sobeck as a living legacy of perhaps the most important person who ever existed. Fulfilling Sobeck's dream of a daughter who would change the world.

Dr. Pezus

Holy fudge. Combat is intense from the get go. You really feel like you have to use strategy to kill machines

Xevross

Spoiler for Hidden:
Aloy's face when she knew for sure it was Sobeck she had found... unbelievable. I was instantly in tears for her. Finding both her mother and herself from hundreds of years ago, sitting there at what was left of her home as she died alone after having put everything she had into saving us. Aloy, after all those years and all that fighting and heartache, found what she had been looking for. An end and a beginning all at once. Now she has to walk in the shoes of Sobeck as a living legacy of perhaps the most important person who ever existed. Fulfilling Sobeck's dream of a daughter who would change the world.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I know. I felt so bad for Aloy but what really got me was Elisabet describing what she would want her daughter to be and it perfectly describing Aloy. Such an excellent idea and perfectly executed.

Legend

Holy fudge. Combat is intense from the get go. You really feel like you have to use strategy to kill machines
Yup I absolutely love the combat. It's awesome breaking off parts from the larger machines.

Also it's crazy how destructable everything is. The world feels super solid and then a machine just breaks through.

Btw the game has 3d bees flying around. Crazy

nnodley

^that reminds me has anyone gotten up close to the fireflies in photomode?  I assume if the bees are models then the fireflies are. 

Riderz1337

Yooo I'm famous

In Horizon, Your Mount Matches Your Running Speed So You Can Get On Without Stopping : gaming

Not really but I thought it was cool how quick this small thread I made on Reddit caught on...
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

Xevross

Yup I absolutely love the combat. It's awesome breaking off parts from the larger machines.

Also it's crazy how destructable everything is. The world feels super solid and then a machine just breaks through.

Btw the game has 3d bees flying around. Crazy
Breaking off components its so incredibly satisfying. Its the most satisfying combat in a video game ever, for me. Nothing beats stripping a machine bare and leaving it with just its body, and after being this incredible fighting beast all it can do is charge and melee you :D

Its hilarious when you're hiding behind a rock and a machine just goes "fudge you" and charges straight through it

BananaKing

I'm seriously addicted to this game. Holly hell am i loving the gameplay. It's utterly fantastic. 21:45 hours in this game so far, and I have SO much left to do and explore.

DerNebel

I'm seriously addicted to this game. Holly hell am i loving the gameplay. It's utterly fantastic. 21:45 hours in this game so far, and I have SO much left to do and explore.
Where did you guys find a playtime counter? I haven't found one yet.

nnodley

Where did you guys find a playtime counter? I haven't found one yet.
When you go to do a manual save at a campfire it will have it on the info.

DerNebel

When you go to do a manual save at a campfire it will have it on the info.
Ah ok, yeah I haven't manually saved in this game yet.

BananaKing

Ah ok, yeah I haven't manually saved in this game yet.
Just press load game, and it will show you on your file.

I don't know how xev finished his play through at 27~ hours lol. I'm completely going to obliterate that lol. Maybe because I barely use fast travel and prefer to travel on foot when exploring a new location. But still.... This game is going to take me at least 50 hours based on how things are going lol

Xevross

^^ yeah just press load game and you can see your playtime straight away.

I don't know how xev finished his play through at 27~ hours lol. I'm completely going to obliterate that lol. Maybe because I barely use fast travel and prefer to travel on foot when exploring a new location. But still.... This game is going to take me at least 50 hours based on how things are going lol
I don't spend any time just wondering around with no aim. That applies to any game ever. I'm always doing something. Be it a side quest or main quest, finding a collectible etc.

So I levelled up quickly and mainly focused on the main story. I think I finished on about 8 side quests and 5 errands completed, I had barely any collectibles and had only done 2 hunting lodges. I'm doing all that after finishing the story.

I'm up to 35 hours now, with doing side content after the game but I think it'll only take me about 5 more hours to get the plat. After that though I'll finish up all the quests and it might take me past 45 hours

Go Up