Xbox Series SX official walkthrough

Started by Legend, Oct 26, 2020, 03:05 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

nnodley

i cannot make up my mind whether I want to cancel my series x or not.

everything looks pretty similar to the current xbox UI

kitler53

if you are getting a ps5 then cancel it.   multi-console ownership is highly overrated (95% of the libraries are identical) and sony's first party is miles better than MS.   not sure about your specific set-up but the ~2 good MS games they'll ship this generation you can play on PC if you have one.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

kitler53

Oct 26, 2020, 03:34 PM Last Edit: Oct 26, 2020, 03:37 PM by kitler53
i'm totally a baby for saying this but
- 12 seconds to quick resume dirt 5
- 10 seconds for subnautica

...soooo slooooooow

the-pi-guy

Cancel it.  Buy it in 2022 when Avowed comes out.

kitler53

share (physical) button
remote play

i love how soo much of this video is showing off features sony put on ps4 ages ago.

Xevross

I thought it was the same UI, didn't they just roll out a UI update for XB1 to match next gen?

Legend

if you are getting a ps5 then cancel it.   multi-console ownership is highly overrated (95% of the libraries are identical) and sony's first party is miles better than MS.   not sure about your specific set-up but the ~2 good MS games they'll ship this generation you can play on PC if you have one.
I'm so excited for Series X. I go months without touching my PS4 so I'll go many months without touching my series x, but that's what makes it so great. I can just spend $15 a couple times a year and play all the new games on gamepass.

I could do the exact same thing on PC, but I really don't like PC gaming for non keyboard designed games.

kitler53

I'm so excited for Series X. I go months without touching my PS4 so I'll go many months without touching my series x, but that's what makes it so great. I can just spend $15 a couple times a year and play all the new games on gamepass.

I could do the exact same thing on PC, but I really don't like PC gaming for non keyboard designed games.
seems like a waste of $500 plus tax.   that $500 could buy you 33 months of gamepass.    ...or if you prefer, ~6 console generations of MS first party games.

BananaKing

share (physical) button
remote play

i love how soo much of this video is showing off features sony put on ps4 ages ago.
I've been saying PS4 is one of the most innovate of not the most innovate console ever.

VR. Suspend/resume. Share button. Remote play, and all its features like playing a game on your friends PS4 or playing split screen.

Honestly, VR alone is massive, and even with next gen there is no other console that does it except PS5 with BC.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Just buy a controller. I've been pc gaming  the only time in recent memory I've had to use the keyboard was Amoung us.  And another game that did support the ps4 controller for some odd reason. but it played well with a Mouse anyway.

Legend

Oct 26, 2020, 04:15 PM Last Edit: Oct 26, 2020, 04:19 PM by Legend
Just buy a controller. I've been pc gaming  the only time in recent memory I've had to use the keyboard was Amoung us.  And another game that did support the ps4 controller for some odd reason. but it played well with a Mouse anyway.
No I hate PC gaming in general. I just mean keyboard games make up for it because the experience belongs there.

seems like a waste of $500 plus tax.   that $500 could buy you 33 months of gamepass.    ...or if you prefer, ~6 console generations of MS first party games.
lol off the top of my head...

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Halo 2<br>Halo 3<br>Halo ODST<br>Halo Reach<br>Gears 3<br>Viva Pinata<br>Halo 4<br>Halo 1 remake<br><br>8 games at $60 is $480. Your math checks out unless I bought more games than I can remember.<br><br>edt: forgot fable and fable 2, theory busted!<br>

nnodley

I thought it was the same UI, didn't they just roll out a UI update for XB1 to match next gen?
maybe it is. I assumed it was a little bit different.

i'm exactly the same way.  I have a really beast of a PC, but i use it for all my work so i don't like gaming on it.  I like the ease of portability of consoles too

the-pi-guy

Just buy a controller. I've been pc gaming  the only time in recent memory I've had to use the keyboard was Amoung us.  And another game that did support the ps4 controller for some odd reason. but it played well with a Mouse anyway.
Even as someone who likes the idea of PC gaming, it's definitely not my favorite.

Consoles just tend to be more convenient and PCs do too many things.

On console I want to play a game.  
On PC, I tend to feel like opening a web browser.  

I am definitely planning to get a new PC this gen, I don't really intend to have it be my gaming unit.

maybe it is. I assumed it was a little bit different.
I'm pretty sure it's the same thing with a few new features.

Xevross

No I hate PC gaming in general. I just mean keyboard games make up for it because the experience belongs there.

lol off the top of my head...

Spoiler for Hidden:

Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo ODST
Halo Reach
Gears 3
Viva Pinata
Halo 4
Halo 1 remake

8 games at $60 is $480. Your math checks out unless I bought more games than I can remember.

edt: forgot fable and fable 2, theory busted!

I had a "I hate PC gaming" moment on saturday when I was trying to play for a bit with a couple of friends. Things go wrong a lot more often on PC and the console experience is so much smoother and way more tailored to being immersed in games in general.

I will always buy a game on console if I have the option, even though I have a very good PC.