PlayStation Community Thread

Viewing single post

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

BananaKing

well we already know cyberpunk is targeting next gen hardware.  anthem already had some tweet about carrying your save game forward to next gen hardware.

i don't think sony or ms will talk about next gen at E3 unless we get a surprise hardware announcement prior to E3 which is less and less likely every day.  i think next gen hardware will be announced at special events like last gen and not a shared event like E3. the rumor mill is just not churning out enough leaks to make me believe next gen hardware is coming in 2019 and i don't think ms or sony will want to hype up next gen hardware more than a year out.  xbox one x is proof how badly that kind of talk can tank current sales.  so yeah, sony and ms will be fairly boring.

i don't, however, think that 3rd parties will shy away from talking about their next gen title.  watch dogs, for instance, was talked about long before ps4 and xbox one were officially announced.  i think 3rd parties will be hyping their next gen targeted AAA games this E3 so that should be good.  

@bolded: I actually feel the same way too. There just hasn't been much rumors or talk like there was before the 2013

Another thing, after looking at how much money Sony made from software sales on PSN, I think without a doubt they don't want to rush next gen, and while MS certainly doesn't make the same amount, they are in a similar position. Software sales and subscriptions are without a doubt making a huge profit for both. I can see them both wanting to rank in that cash.

The only thing that makes me think MS might surprise us is because they teased their next gen hardware at last years E3. And they might want to catch Sony of guard.