The VR thread. U R Not red(e) PSVR2 is legitimate!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Sep 05, 2015, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

How sick of Pi's VR hype are you?

Go Down

kitler53

VR arcades make a lot more sense for these active experiences.

maybe.  but if i were leaving the house to go to an arcade i would want a social experience.  not this.  this isn't what i would be leaving the house to do.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

maybe.  but if i were leaving the house to go to an arcade i would want a social experience.  not this.  this isn't what i would be leaving the house to do.
I think multiplayer VR is social. Much more than traditional arcade games at least.

the-pi-guy

i thought this was a well crafted neogaf joke image and then i read your first post.  dear god, expectations are soo far from the mark on what i customer is willing to do to play video games.
Well, it is just an option.   But its so funny.  
Let's just move this couch into this other place so we can play.  

VR arcades make a lot more sense for these active experiences.
Odd
No I'm pretty sure it was my fault.  
I think I posted the first thing on autopilot.  

kitler53

Well, it is just an option.   But its so funny. 
Let's just move this couch into this other place so we can play. 
they fact the couch and coffee table are in front of an oven is even more hilarious. 

"dear wife,.. the entire house is now off limits because i want to play a video game."
said no one ever.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

they fact the couch and coffee table are in front of an oven is even more hilarious.  

"dear wife,.. the entire house is now off limits because i want to play a video game."
said no one ever.
Couch is in front of the oven.  
The coffee table they put up against the wall where the dishwasher is.  Lol.  I hope no one was planning to do dishes while I'm playing.

Mmm_fish_tacos

I found a much better Idea for mounting the flight sticks that what I was going to do before. It's going to cost about 2x more but it looks a lot better.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Mmm_fish_tacos

There's to many idiots bidding on the flight sticks on ebay. There's no reason we can get these for 50 bucks. but people are having bidding wars for them days before they are due to end.

Legend

Mmm_fish_tacos

How much do they cost new?
150, new egg is running a deal right now for 130 with free shipping.  

the-pi-guy

Feb 08, 2016, 04:11 PM Last Edit: Feb 08, 2016, 04:20 PM by the-pi-guy
I saw this on chertz.  It was a link to a tweet, but the twitter account has since been deleted. 

Reddit posted this: 

I spoke to a Sony rep recently (Who is NOT an official spokesman for Sony) that stated that he had heard rumors they were hoping to price the HMD at $299, which won't include the camera or PlayStation move controllers. But that they would probably have a separate starter kit where you could get the camera and move controllers and a game for around $129. For $428 + tax for the complete PSVR + camera + move controllers, would be a bargain!
(RUMOR) Rep mentioned Sony would probably sell a base PSVR HMD for $299 without camera or move controllers. But will have a separate PSVR kit with Camera + Move controllers for around $129. : playstationvr

It's not the best source, but to me it seems unlikely to be talking about the other rumor.  I just think it seems pretty unlikely, because I don't think the other rumor was really so widespread.  There's a ton of rumors, but it wasn't easy to find the above, and it's interesting that this one goes in line with it. 

It might mean absolutely nothing (and probably does), but I find it interesting nonetheless.

the-pi-guy

Mmm_fish_tacos

So reading into what's not there. New move controllers!

Legend

At least Sony is trying at that price. Could be cheaper, but compared to OR it looks like steal.

the-pi-guy

Reddit posted this:  
(RUMOR) Rep mentioned Sony would probably sell a base PSVR HMD for $299 without camera or move controllers. But will have a separate PSVR kit with Camera + Move controllers for around $129. : playstationvr

It's not the best source, but to me it seems unlikely to be talking about the other rumor.  I just think it seems pretty unlikely, because I don't think the other rumor was really so widespread.  There's a ton of rumors, but it wasn't easy to find the above, and it's interesting that this one goes in line with it.  

It might mean absolutely nothing (and probably does), but I find it interesting nonetheless.
Nope I was completely wrong
It looks like the tweet was actually referencing this rumor.  
So weird, the tweet is back up or something.  I had to access it through google cache before, and it was otherwise deleted, but it's back up now.  

Also weird how this circulated.  GAF just started the thread today, and now everyone is talking about it.  

Go Up