What are your favorite car brands?

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, Oct 08, 2019, 03:34 AM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

you don't really think electric is a solution do you?  just because it doesn't run on gas doesn't mean it doesn't run on gas.  the electricity that runs a tesla was almost certainly made by burning gas.  yes a industrial combustion turbine is a lot more efficient than a car's but it is still a massive amount of emissions.  

what we really need to do is have a massive culture shift that shames and critiques everyone's every day decisions.  do you really need a straw to get that liquid from a glass to your mouth?   do you really need your cheese slices individually wrapped?  is that poorly executed single use mcdonalds toy really worth it?  

and the far bigger ones like,.. do you really need to move to the suburbs to have a good life?  driving 35 miles to work,.. hating all that lawn work you now have to do,..

it's "cool" to hate the oil and gas industry but they don't do business with themselves.  they fullfill our "need" to drive, to have single use plastics.  we are all pieces of shame in every thing we do.
Well obviously not, we need complete conversion to clean, renewable energy as soon as possible. I'm really wish it was a standard to have solar panels on every new building that's constructed, that alone would be a really big shift.

Straws are always battleship, I try to avoid them. If people really like straws they should buy themselves a metal one like a few of my friends have done. Food waste is one of the biggest problems in modern society, which you didn't mention, I can't believe the amount of food that normal people waste. I try my best to make sure I eat every bit of food I buy, I plan my meals so that nothing will go past its use by date and shame like that. Its so easy to do, but people just don't care. I also cut beef out of my diet and the only meat I eat now is checken, apart from occasionally some bacon on things.

I think most people live in suburbs because they can't afford prices in the centre of cities. I'll be the same in a year, probably commuting into a city centre from suburbs, but I'll be using public transport.

People are just too lazy and fall back on convenience. If everyone made a shift in their lifestyle it would be a massive change, but people are either uneducated about what they can do, don't care or are lazy. I'm guilty of that as well, sometimes I don't check exactly what I can recycle, I buy products that come in way too much plastic even though there's probably alternatives, I'm not going veggie because I love chicken too much. Still, I'm probably doing a lot more than the average person out there.