PS5 hardware revealed

Started by Legend, Jun 11, 2020, 09:27 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

kitler53

i was anticipating this image.   during the show i thought the disc drive looks small which i knew to mean the ps5 was big.   by volume it looks like it will be comparable to the XSX.  ps5 won't fit in my living room very well if i buy a second ps5 but i should be able to manage in my gaming room.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

darkknightkryta

I honestly don't think I'm touching that thing until a Slim gets made.  Though, considering how ... not small ... the PS4 slim is, who knows.

Legend

I honestly don't think I'm touching that thing until a Slim gets made.  Though, considering how ... not small ... the PS4 slim is, who knows.
The PS4 was slim at launch.

darkknightkryta

The PS4 was slim at launch.

It was.  The "slim" they made after was just shorter.  It didn't have a smaller footprint.

the-pi-guy

Legend

Secret sauce oh no not again.

Dr. Pezus

Hm isn't the xsx much wider?

the-pi-guy

Hm isn't the xsx much wider?
Code: [Select]

|-----------------------|
|                       |

|---------------------------|
|                           \
|----------------------------|

PS5 seems to be bigger in 2 dimensions making up for it's smallness in the other.

Legend

Code: [Select]

|---------------------------|
|                           \
|----------------------------|

PS5 seems to be bigger in 2 dimensions making up for it's smallness in the other.
Plus xsx isn't deep.

the-pi-guy

It seems to be something like
XSX: 6x6x12 (in)
PS5: 4x10x16 (in)

the-pi-guy

Someone suggested the comparison didn't line up

Xevross

What matters most when it comes to size is the smallest dimension for fitting on shelves and things. XSX's block shape means it won't fit in a heck of a lot of people's setups. PS5 should be okay.

Legend

Xevross

I absolutely love that, seems to be the same for the console as well. Its going to look so premium in person.

Legend

I absolutely love that, seems to be the same for the console as well. Its going to look so premium in person.
It's a cool touch that wasn't in the original DS5 reveal. I hope it's not just something done for the trailer.

Go Up