Multiple insiders talk about Xbox exclusives going multiplatform - Phil Spencer to address

Started by the-pi-guy, Feb 04, 2024, 10:28 PM

previous topic - next topic

When will MS address the rumors?

Today
1 (50%)
This week
0 (0%)
Mid February
0 (0%)
Late February
1 (50%)
Later this year at an Xbox event
0 (0%)
Never, they'll quietly backtrack
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Linked Events

Go Down

the-pi-guy

While Bethesda will launch its Indiana Jones game first as an Xbox console exclusive, it's currently set to have a rather short period of exclusivity we're told. A release for PS5 is being considered for some months later, with Bethesda tentatively targeting a December 2024 launch for the Xbox and PC versions.

the-pi-guy

Nate has a great track record, as does Tom Warren.

With every insider under the sun talking about it, I feel like MS has to announce their plans this week.

kitler53

just had to give this it's own thread.   >:(

I'm flabbergasted tbh.  of all the things that could have happened to me this was the least likely.    Daddy's wallet dried up incredibly fast.   like,.. they didn't even give the ABK acquisition's ink time to dry before changing course. 

with leadership like this...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

There was this leak before the Xbox developer showcase:
DSbIcbZ.png

Legend

Don't believe that discord leak, but it'd be crazy if xbox went full steam machine.

Not sure what I think about them porting everything. Seems stupid so maybe they'll do it.

the-pi-guy

just had to give this it's own thread.   >:(
Multiple sources that are more reliable than Jez have come out, so for me it's gone from highly likely rumor to basically certain to happen.

nnodley

I've always had a feeling this was going to happen. I think especially with the issues they had with the activision acquisition, they had to know buying up the industry was gonna bring a crud ton of scrutiny.

And with how badly starfield hype fell off and the redfall disaster. hifi rush was praised but hardly anyone cares about it anymore from what I see.

This is honestly the best course that could happen with the industry.  It's just gonna be so hard to go up against Sony and Nintendo in hardware. They just have such big fan bases and mindshare at this point

But it is a wild turn of events

Dr. Pezus

They just bought a huge publisher and now they want to go multiplat?! What happened to the monopoly

Legend

They just bought a huge publisher and now they want to go multiplat?! What happened to the monopoly
Yeah pretty sure all the court cases prove that they had very different intentions last year.

kitler53

Yeah pretty sure all the court cases prove that they had very different intentions last year.
okay, but to be fair,.. I didn't believe them.  

I've always had a feeling this was going to happen. I think especially with the issues they had with the activision acquisition, they had to know buying up the industry was gonna bring a crud ton of scrutiny.

And with how badly starfield hype fell off and the redfall disaster. hifi rush was praised but hardly anyone cares about it anymore from what I see.

This is honestly the best course that could happen with the industry.  It's just gonna be so hard to go up against Sony and Nintendo in hardware. They just have such big fan bases and mindshare at this point

But it is a wild turn of events
I think this is more about the unsustainable nature of game pass. 

MS said it would be successful because there are over a billion gamers out there.  I've argued for ages that their assumption was bs.  lots of gamers yes but candy crush players aren't buying gamepass for starfield.   

also,.. with generations of data saying most console gamers only but 1 game a year a service like gamepass isn't valuable to many. 

from what I'm reading starfield had millions of players but "missed it's targets".  I'll take that as a lack of gamepass subs increase or worse yet,.. those that only subbed for 1 month.  

I think with this pivot they finally see what was Soo dang obvious from the start.  they can't make money with day-1 releases in gamepass.  

I said before the MS would have a "seismic shift" soon.  I really thought it would align with the ps6 gen so this is early.  ..but a change was going to happen.   

Legend

"Hey Xbox faithful we know you stood by us through years of XBOX GOT NO GAMES and bangers like Bleeding Edge but now that we have some good games coming fudge you we're exiting the console space. Buy a PlayStation 6!"
Most xbox fans are pretty upset with this rumor. I don't know if MS will be able to spin it into a good thing.

Wonder when they'll first address it. Rush something out for Monday?

the-pi-guy

kitler53

Most xbox fans are pretty upset with this rumor. I don't know if MS will be able to spin it into a good thing.

Wonder when they'll first address it. Rush something out for Monday?
In the other thread i said MS needs to address this asap because the narrative is spinning out of control.  

So like 
A) the narrative is wrong then MS needs to get out there and clarify that starfied isn't coming to ps. 

Or…

B) the narrative that all xbox games will be on nintendi and ps is true,.. well then truley what can they say except to confirm the rumors.  Nothing will make people feel better about it.  In that case maybe just don't say anything at all.  Just announce the ps5 versions in due time and pretend its not big deal.  

the-pi-guy

kitler53

;D ;D ;D

Go Up