PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

is the psn down for anyone else?

PSN is offline apparently. 

Raven

Odd considering my friend is online right now playing Diablo. I also have 10 other friends on.

Mmm_fish_tacos

If your on before maintenance then you'll remained logged it. I'm still online.

Raven

I just logged on. Running a little slow but doable.

Rorono

lol. guess i get lucky. have lost count of the times where I've played online for a few hours, logged off, came back only to find out PSN was down while i was away and is back on. Great timing Sony
sucks for those who have it reversed though

DD_Bwest

hmm ill check again in a bit,  my son was having issues on ps3, and when i posted earlier i couldnt get on with my ps4.  i wanted to battle some field tonight

Mmm_fish_tacos

DD_Bwest

yea i got on when i turned it on,  glad it was short lived

DD_Bwest

Rorono

I understand why some people are negative about it (not the game, but what i'm gonna talk about next), but i find it refreshing to be 1 month away from release and still be so in the dark about the game. Doesn't happen often enough IMO. I mean, take MGS5 for instance. After playing an entire prologue, side missions and seeing extenside demos of TPP, i don't even feel all that hyped for the final game (though i'm sure i'll enjoy it when the time comes)

Imagination can fill the gaps and make things more interesting in the anticipation process. Is that a bit risky? Not really. People's fear of mistaken pre-orders/purchases is a bit unecessary. Have people not noticed that as long as a game does not have a mandatory day one internet connection update (like Destiny), there are always ways of getting enough info (if you want/need) before release day? Lots of people get their hands on a street copy like a week before release..footage leaks..info leaks... Everything devs struggled to keep hidden gets blown before the actual day the game is supposed to be out. There's time to cancel a pre order then if you so desire

Just as examples, i found out there was
Spoiler for Hidden:
a second island and that the 3rd power was Video
in I:SS several days before the game unlocked on my PSN. I intend to avoid similar spoilers with the Order though because with I:SS i was mainly interested in "destroy stuff in an open world gameplay", while with this game i'm interested in everything, special the story and lore. Must avoid all leaks.

BananaKing

I understand why some people are negative about it (not the game, but what i'm gonna talk about next), but i find it refreshing to be 1 month away from release and still be so in the dark about the game. Doesn't happen often enough IMO. I mean, take MGS5 for instance. After playing an entire prologue, side missions and seeing extenside demos of TPP, i don't even feel all that hyped for the final game (though i'm sure i'll enjoy it when the time comes)

Imagination can fill the gaps and make things more interesting in the anticipation process. Is that a bit risky? Not really. People's fear of mistaken pre-orders/purchases is a bit unecessary. Have people not noticed that as long as a game does not have a mandatory day one internet connection update (like Destiny), there are always ways of getting enough info (if you want/need) before release day? Lots of people get their hands on a street copy like a week before release..footage leaks..info leaks... Everything devs struggled to keep hidden gets blown before the actual day the game is supposed to be out. There's time to cancel a pre order then if you so desire

Just as examples, i found out there was
Spoiler for Hidden:
a second island and that the 3rd power was Video
in I:SS several days before the game unlocked on my PSN. I intend to avoid similar spoilers with the Order though because with I:SS i was mainly interested in "destroy stuff in an open world gameplay", while with this game i'm interested in everything, special the story and lore. Must avoid all leaks.

i agree, i dont like knowing too much about a game before playing it. what i seen of the order is enough for me to know i want to play it. what i seen from uncharted is enough for me to know i will buy it day one. (however i do want a look at multiplayer). at some point knowing too much about  a game can lesson the fun factor in it.

darkknightkryta

I'm on the other end.  I used to get so hyped from watching videos/etc of games.  Now I just can't be bothered anymore.

Dr. Pezus

we've seen plenty of stuff from the order though so I don't understand complaints

Rorono

we've seen plenty of stuff from the order though so I don't understand complaints

We kinda haven't. it's been implied there's a lot more that we haven't seen. We've just scratched the surface and the rest remains a mystery

Go Up