Dragon Age: Inquisition Review Thread - 89 Meta

Started by Raven, Nov 11, 2014, 03:09 AM

previous topic - next topic

Raven

Bioware and EA will be dropping the review embargo on November 11th. That's 11 November for you people on the other side of the Atlantic. Tweets that I've read earlier today from people who had their hands on the game were, "I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say this but the amount of content in Dragon Age: Inquisition is downright terrifying" and "I completed the story 85 hours after I started".

Any bets on the average review score?

the-pi-guy

Raven

ethomaz

Raven

After DA2?

After seeing what they've done with the game I think they learned from a lot of their mistakes. The only way I see them repeating the performance of DA2 is if the combat is somehow broken and the story is garbage. They seem to have fixed pretty much every area of complaint about DA2.

ethomaz

After seeing what they've done with the game I think they learned from a lot of their mistakes. The only way I see them repeating the performance of DA2 is if the combat is somehow broken and the story is garbage. They seem to have fixed pretty much every area of complaint about DA2.

Don't get me wrong... I guess it will be better than DA2 but the reviewers today is harsh.

Raven

Don't get me wrong... I guess it will be better than DA2 but the reviewers today is harsh.

Eh. You have to ask yourself. Are the reviewers harsh or have the games just honestly not been that good? Harsh reviewers would not have given The Last of Us another 95 like they gave the PS3 version 12 months earlier. Diablo 3, Rayman Legends, Fez, Super Mario 3D World, Bayonetta 2, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD.  Half of those games are port-ups. All of them received an average of 90 or higher. Plenty of games so far in the 80 to 89 range. I don't think reviewers are being harsh. I think many of them are being rather inconsistent but I don't honestly believe they're being more critical than usual. That just seems to be the new excuse made by us consumers when we find out a game we were hoping would review well actually didn't or not as much as we thought it would. Quarter to Three is harsh. Most of these games deserve their overall critical reception though.

ethomaz

I don't use it like a excuse... I prefer them harsh.

80 is a great score.

70 is good.

And not like before that anything below 80 was trash... and 80 itself was average lol

NeverDies

I'm gonna say...

C'mon! Be the game you were born to be!
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

ethomaz

Raven

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/11/11/review-dragon-age-inquisition/116693/

While BioWare is well known for their strong role-playing games, it's perplexing how they were able to reach this level of quality with Dragon Age: Inquisition. It's one of the most overwhelming experiences on the market, containing not only the best character development found in any RPG, but an open world that's actually polished. The artistic and visual fidelity help with the immersion, but it's the branching, player driven storyline and exquisitely layered combat system that create something special. Even with the staggering amount of dialogue and lore, newcomers to the franchise will have no trouble hopping right in, while old school fans will undoubtedly grin at the various call backs to past events. There's even an enjoyable small multiplayer mode to participate in that's entirely separated from the main campaign. Like a good hundred hour long novel that never lets up, Dragon Age: Inquisition is so engrossing you won't be able to put it down.

Dr. Pezus

Very nice reviews. I'm glad that they learned from DA2's mistakes. Looks like I'll be adding this to my wishlist

Dr. Pezus

"It's easily the company's greatest achievement. The expertly crafted story and the massive world meant for your exploration are just the tip of the iceberg...Easily the best RPG of the year."

"Overall, Dragon Age: Inquisition is a great game that everyone should have in their collection. It's one of the best bangs for your buck out there in terms of how much time you will clock in on this one and also in quality."

"It's a gorgeous game on an epic scale. Rich in character and story, it creates a fantasy world with plausible social rules you can get lost in. It makes you feel that you aren't just exploring a new world, but helping shape it at various levels of society. Inquisition sets the bar for what a blockbuster RPG should be."

"This is the return of the great Bioware, back on a path that we hope they don't leave ever again. Emotive amount and variety of content makes for an incredible adventure."

"BioWare's about to drop its mic and walk off stage...It is a paragon of multiple-path storytelling and character development. It offers a master class in intricate, customizable, multi-hero combat. And it delivers not one but ten beautiful and expansive open worlds to explore, boldly throwing down the gauntlet to rival developers."

"It's a surprisingly huge, dense world, and I soon realized there were still entire sandboxes I hadn't even set foot in. Even in my hundredth hour, I'm still discovering."

Hype intensifies

kitler53

sounding great.  i need to watch a few gameplay videos before i buy,.. i didn't like the demo even to DA2 but it's sounding very optomistic.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

NeverDies

TAKE MAH MONEY! Super psyched for this game!
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

Go Up