cod aw review thread

Started by Legend, Nov 03, 2014, 04:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

7H3

MP is just as bad/good as any other COD for the past 5 years /ish I don't really see it any better or worse than ghosts for MP, but right now there is a ton of lag and guns don't seem balanced at all, but that just might be the lag effect of being shot around corners before enemy appears on screen then seeing in kill cam actually being shot 1-5s before I ever saw the player...
mp a generous 7/10
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Mmm_fish_tacos

MP is just as bad/good as any other COD for the past 5 years /ish I don't really see it any better or worse than ghosts for MP, but right now there is a ton of lag and guns don't seem balanced at all, but that just might be the lag effect of being shot around corners before enemy appears on screen then seeing in kill cam actually being shot 1-5s before I ever saw the player...
mp a generous 7/10

Na, it's miles better than ghost. And while lag can be a problem it's no where near as bad as ghost. The guns do need some balance, as the 4 shot burst AR is the most op gun in the game. So thats what i use. I also find that if you don't run a round like a mad man and alway expect that person you just killed spawn behind you you'll do much better. I've finally climb by KD out of a pit. Forget the exo abilities as they are all shame, aside from the bot you shoot out that hunts down enemies around you. I duble down of perks. Which seems to help out a lot too. And simtex is just too much fun, I've got some outrageous sticks. I need to record my game more often.

Dr. Pezus

Anyone want to Share Play the game? ;o

*sarcasm*

Raven

I'm still really on the fence about this game. I watched a lot of streams on the Live from PlayStation app and I'm just having a hard time seeing how this is really any better than what they've already put out. It just looks like any other Call of Duty but with jump packs. To me, the franchise just seems to have gone down since Modern Warfare 2. It's like they absolutely refuse to take anything but what they perceive to be "safe routes" with the design. Not sure it's worth dropping $60 on it with Battlefield 4's final expansion coming soon along with GTA V and DA:I around the corner.

Dr. Pezus

I only want to play it for the better looking SP and Kevin Spacey

7H3

Na, it's miles better than ghost. And while lag can be a problem it's no where near as bad as ghost. The guns do need some balance, as the 4 shot burst AR is the most op gun in the game. So thats what i use. I also find that if you don't run a round like a mad man and alway expect that person you just killed spawn behind you you'll do much better. I've finally climb by KD out of a pit. Forget the exo abilities as they are all shame, aside from the bot you shoot out that hunts down enemies around you. I duble down of perks. Which seems to help out a lot too. And simtex is just too much fun, I've got some outrageous sticks. I need to record my game more often.

lag is worse on this game than ghosts by a fair margin, but that can vary greatly based upon lobby and time of day. I have found more frequently bad laggy games on AW so far though. Ghosts I didn't really have a big problem with lag at all, but I have come to expect the lag effect on COD so at this point it doesn't really bring down my opinion of it as it comes with the territory and should get better over time.

Overall the gameplay feels just the same to me as any other COD with no real improvements.

Co-op is actually pretty bad itself 4/10

if you are on the fence for getting the game, decide whether or not you want another repeat with no real improvements. If your fine with the status quo of COD monotony then this won't disappoint. However, there are much better games out right now and coming so if you're deciding between COD and anything else get anything else.

NeverDies

Are there any pvp maps that make use of the whole jump-jet aspect?
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

Raven

lag is worse on this game than ghosts by a fair margin, but that can vary greatly based upon lobby and time of day. I have found more frequently bad laggy games on AW so far though. Ghosts I didn't really have a big problem with lag at all, but I have come to expect the lag effect on COD so at this point it doesn't really bring down my opinion of it as it comes with the territory and should get better over time.

Overall the gameplay feels just the same to me as any other COD with no real improvements.

Co-op is actually pretty bad itself 4/10

if you are on the fence for getting the game, decide whether or not you want another repeat with no real improvements. If your fine with the status quo of COD monotony then this won't disappoint. However, there are much better games out right now and coming so if you're deciding between COD and anything else get anything else.

Thanks man. Sounds like I'm going to pass on this one. Not interested in playing the same old Call of Duty with an exo jump pack being the only notable change. The next Battlefield 4 expansion should hold me over for a good FPS experience. I already know GTA V is awesome and DA:I is sounding like it's going to be quite the experience. I'm thinking those deserve my money more.

7H3

Thanks man. Sounds like I'm going to pass on this one. Not interested in playing the same old Call of Duty with an exo jump pack being the only notable change. The next Battlefield 4 expansion should hold me over for a good FPS experience. I already know GTA V is awesome and DA:I is sounding like it's going to be quite the experience. I'm thinking those deserve my money more.

yeah it's basically MW3 (sledgehammer led that game mostly I believe as well) with jetpacks
IMO I like Ghosts the best out of the past 3-4 COD's as well...
also the exo suit gameplay worked best in Crysis 2 MP and Killzone 3 / SF I think... its decent and smooth in COD, but not really any improvement on that mobility overall even though its done well

BananaKing

I'm still really on the fence about this game. I watched a lot of streams on the Live from PlayStation app and I'm just having a hard time seeing how this is really any better than what they've already put out. It just looks like any other Call of Duty but with jump packs. To me, the franchise just seems to have gone down since Modern Warfare 2. It's like they absolutely refuse to take anything but what they perceive to be "safe routes" with the design. Not sure it's worth dropping $60 on it with Battlefield 4's final expansion coming soon along with GTA V and DA:I around the corner.

farcry 4 you sucker, farcry 4. why do people keep ignoring this one.

Raven

farcry 4 you sucker, farcry 4. why do people keep ignoring this one.

Because fudge you.

BananaKing

Because fudge you.

yeah, farcry 4 will fudge me with awesomness. you on the other hand keep enjoying your shaming, laggy and the scum of EA which is battlefield 4. ill enjoy my real game, thank you very much you smelly perv.

Xevross

I'm getting Far Cry 4!

the-pi-guy

I'm getting Far Cry 4!

Me too!!!
Except on PC so far.

Raven

yeah, farcry 4 will fudge me with awesomness. you on the other hand keep enjoying your shaming, laggy and the scum of EA which is battlefield 4. ill enjoy my real game, thank you very much you smelly perv.

Hey! I may be a perv but I do shower!

Go Up