Twisty Puzzle Simulator OT: piece by piece

Started by Legend, Oct 23, 2018, 03:57 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

xaex

Twisty Puzzle Simulator Adventure Update new environment
Twisty Puzzle Simulator Adventure Update overworld

Getting close! I never expected the game to end up like this but it's amazing how everything has turned out.
The new Background in the 1st image looks awesome! Can't wait to try out all of the new puzzles and features ;D

We're getting hammered by winter storm "Harper" now (in NY), 10" so far. It's going to take several days to clean up the mess  :(  

the-pi-guy

Twisty Puzzle Simulator Adventure Update new environment
Twisty Puzzle Simulator Adventure Update overworld

Getting close! I never expected the game to end up like this but it's amazing how everything has turned out.
Legitimately looks awesome.  

Legend

I'll post a new date when I can, but Unity had a licensing issue that'll stop me from hitting the 24th.  :P

The new Background in the 1st image looks awesome! Can't wait to try out all of the new puzzles and features ;D

We're getting hammered by winter storm "Harper" now (in NY), 10" so far. It's going to take several days to clean up the mess  :(  
My sister is in Cleveland and dealing with that storm. Does not sound fun.

Legend

Twisty Puzzle Simulator National Puzzle Day

Today is National Puzzle Day and the 39th anniversary of the original rubik's cube. This new screenshot teases a couple things that haven't been shown before.

I'm still sorting out my Unity license so I don't have any updates on when the campaign update will release. I'm using the extra time to improve the VR experience and start working on other elements.

Legend

The Adventure update will launch on Tuesday!!!

In many ways this update is larger than the initial game. It adds so much content and gives the game such a different feel. I am so excited to finally let players try it out.

Legend

I'm working on a youtube description for a gameplay video showing off a new update. I'd appreciate if anyone has any feedback on things I should change.

Twisty Puzzle Simulator

An all new campaign is now part of Twisty Puzzle Simulator. Explore a flooded castle in 2D or VR and solve your favorite puzzles like never before. A grand total of 150 stars and countless coins await you in this one of a kind adventure.

Twisty Puzzle Simulator's fully featured campaign allows both beginners and experts alike to progress at their own pace. Even if you enter the game with no prior experience, you'll have no problem finding your footing and working your way towards puzzle master.

The campaign is available today as a free update in North and South America. The campaign will be available from day 1 once Twisty Puzzle Simulator releases in Europe in the coming weeks.

Legend

The Adventure Update is live!!!

xaex

WOW, awesome update from what I've played so far (26 stars). When I reached the 30 star unlock point, the sequence was unexpected, but looked amazing :) . Love all of the new puzzles that I've reached so far (especially the Stubby Pentagon). Going for 30+ stars today  ;D .

I like the new video, it shows off what the new update has to offer and how move forward to new areas, straight and to the point.

Are the coins you earn based on Time and/or difficulty level?

Xevross

When can I play, Mike? :(

Legend

WOW, awesome update from what I've played so far (26 stars). When I reached the 30 star unlock point, the sequence was unexpected, but looked amazing :) . Love all of the new puzzles that I've reached so far (especially the Stubby Pentagon). Going for 30+ stars today  ;D .

I like the new video, it shows off what the new update has to offer and how move forward to new areas, straight and to the point.

Are the coins you earn based on Time and/or difficulty level?

I'm really glad you like it! And yeah the story is very very very minimal but it's there. I don't think most players will be expecting that sequence either.

The coins are based off of a few factors but in general you earn more coins on harder puzzles, and there is a big bonus if it's your first solve (if you also earn a star). There is also a bonus if you solve the puzzle under a certain amount of seconds but this is really easy to achieve on most puzzles.

When can I play, Mike? :(
This update took longer than expected and pushed back the other versions. Now that it is finished I'm fully focused on launching in Europe and on Steam. Age ratings are still the issue but I've started talking with PEGI directly to get that sorted out.

Legend

Feb 28, 2019, 07:40 PM Last Edit: Feb 28, 2019, 09:54 PM by Legend
Hey just a quick heads up. I discovered a game breaking bug that can stop the game from saving. I am putting out a patch right now, but please read this if you are currently playing.

If you started the campaign and did not click "new game," then your data is not being saved. You can double check this by going to Load Game and seeing if your playthrough is listed. If it is not being saved, then unfortunately there is nothing I can do.

This update fixes it so that the main menu cannot be closed without having a proper save file loaded or created. I am sincerely sorry for any lost progress this bug has caused.

Edt: 1.05 is out.

SWORDF1SH

Is it available in the UK yet mikey?

Legend

Is it available in the UK yet mikey?
Well it will be available on Steam in the UK soon. The PS4 release in Europe will also hopefully be soon but age ratings continue to be the hold up.

Legend

Oooh look at that.

Dr. Pezus

Oooh look at that.
Positive reception so far and almost 20k views already!

Go Up