Xbox Live Gold Price Doubles. Update: Decision Reversed and F2P Games No Longer Need Gold

Started by Xevross, Jan 22, 2021, 02:41 PM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

What if MS put game pass on PS5 and let people play first part y XSX games?  MS expands their Gamepass, Sony doesn't lose game market share.
not sure why sony would allow it.  gamepass seriously devalues games so sony would stand to lose a lot by letting gamepass take hold.    ..but at least they'd get 30% of the marketshare i guess.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

No way is gamepass coming to PlayStation or Nintendo. Its absurd people think that. The whole point of these consoles is to sell software, thats what makes the most profit. You think Sony or Nintendo would allow Microsoft to come and essentially sell the same software on their consoles? Who in their right mind think that would ever happen?

Hell, the whole reason playstation was created was over a similar dispute, when sony wanted the royalties of every CD sale sold on the then Nintendo consoles. Gamepass can exist on smart TVs, mobiles, laptops, tablets because they are open systems. Its Sony losing billions right there and gaining nothing, when all they have to do is offer a similar service, which they already do, with PS now.

kitler53

No way is gamepass coming to PlayStation or Nintendo. Its absurd people think that. The whole point of these consoles is to sell software, thats what makes the most profit. You think Sony or Nintendo would allow Microsoft to come and essentially sell the same software on their consoles? Who in their right mind think that would ever happen?

Hell, the whole reason playstation was created was over a similar dispute, when sony wanted the royalties of every CD sale sold on the then Nintendo consoles. Gamepass can exist on smart TVs, mobiles, laptops, tablets because they are open systems. Its Sony losing billions right there and gaining nothing, when all they have to do is offer a similar service, which they already do, with PS now.
i dunno.  in the end they let EA's sub on the system.

yes unlikely but never say never.

BananaKing

i dunno.  in the end they let EA's sub on the system.

yes unlikely but never say never.
The only way gamepass can come on PS or Nintendo is if that it offers only MS games, not any other games sony or Nintendo can sell. Which will really mean squat shame because MSs games alone can't justify gamepass, even with Bethesda  

MS let EA into gamepass because they are still in the process of convincing people to subscribe, same reason they have all these crazy cheap deals.

the-pi-guy

The only way gamepass can come on PS or Nintendo is if that it offers only MS games, not any other games sony or Nintendo can sell. Which will really mean squat shame because MSs games alone can't justify gamepass, even with Bethesda  
I don't think anyone honestly thinks Gamepass will come onto PS.  

I'm moreso just trying to be imaginative and come up with a scenario that it would be beneficial enough for both parties that it would be worth happening.  

If MS did an EA Play thing.  MS could expand their Gamepass user base and Sony would keep people off Xbox without cutting into their third party game library.
MS let EA into gamepass because they are still in the process of convincing people to subscribe, same reason they have all these crazy cheap deals.
He means Sony let EA play on the PS4.  

kitler53

to be honest,..  if gamepass content were cut back to just MS first party and the price was dropped i'd be more interested.  

with the first party content i know what i'm buying.  the third party content comes in randomly, leaves unexpectedly and for that reason it has all of the (lack of) appeal of a lootbox.  it ends up just like ps+ where you can't really count on what game is going to come so pretty much every good game that comes to the services i already own.  it's why i really miss the days when ps+ gave a lot of day-1 indie titles.  there is soo much more value in that than old games just from the "planning" perspective.  i don't want to play the "game" of will it / won't it come to the subscription service.

so that sounds good to me.  lower the price.  only put on ms first party.  put the service on playstation.  win/win/win.  

He means Sony let EA play on the PS4.  
indeed i did mean that.

the-pi-guy

Xevross

Only 3M subs gained in the final quarter seems a bit disappointing to me. I expected at least 20M due to the new console launches.

Also the "launch month" thing does suggest its down over the whole quarter/ annual year over XB1.

Legend

Lol launch month. Microsoft gonna Microsoft.

Series s/x launched on the 10th while 360/one launched on 22nd.

kitler53

Lol launch month. Microsoft gonna Microsoft.

Series s/x launched on the 10th while 360/one launched on 22nd.
not just launch month,. "xbox launch month" so it only compares 4 months for 4 xbox launches...

Legend

not just launch month,. "xbox launch month" so it only compares 4 months for 4 xbox launches...
Well that goes without saying. Switch set the record I believe at 2.74 million launch month. (March 3rd release, sold to stores)

Go Up