How often do you wash your hands?

Started by the-pi-guy, Nov 09, 2018, 11:55 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

I wash my hands a good amount.  

About 6 times in the past hour.  

Legend

I wash my hands before dealing with food, after using the restroom, and when they are physically dirty.

You wash your hands too much  ::)

Xevross

I wash my hands a good amount.  

About 6 times in the past hour.  
What in the good lord of heaven and hell?! Why on earth do you wash your hands so much?

I wash my hands before dealing with food, after using the restroom, and when they are physically dirty.

You wash your hands too much  ::)
Yes, exactly this. I only ever wash my hands before dealing with food, after going to the toilet and before washing my face/ having a shower. So if I had to put a number on it I'd guess it'd be much closer to 6 times a day for me! Probably an average of like 7-8 times a day.

Hands are going to get dirty and pick up bacteria within minutes of you washing anyway, so there's not really much point in washing your hands so often. The cases we said here are pretty much the only time it makes sense in normal daily life.

the-pi-guy

I wash my hands before and after eating usually.  After the bathroom, a lot of times I'll wash before the bathroom.  

After I pet my dog.

If I'm making food, I pretty much wash my hands between...  just about everything.  I might wash my hands 5 times during that.  

I would say on a low day, I probably wash my hands 15 times.  Probably like 40 times on a high day.  

I'm also very thorough, sometimes I spend a good minute scrubbing soap and water.  

Kerotan

Probably 5 but I'd need to count

Dr. Pezus

Nov 10, 2018, 07:58 PM Last Edit: Nov 10, 2018, 08:00 PM by Dr. Pezus
I wash my hands before and after eating usually.  After the bathroom, a lot of times I'll wash before the bathroom.  

After I pet my dog.

If I'm making food, I pretty much wash my hands between...  just about everything.  I might wash my hands 5 times during that.  

I would say on a low day, I probably wash my hands 15 times.  Probably like 40 times on a high day.  

I'm also very thorough, sometimes I spend a good minute scrubbing soap and water.  
Sounds slightly OCD  ???

Like someone else said washing your hands so often won't help you or decrease the risk of infection etc. It might even hurt you and increase your risk of infection by giving you this contact dermatitis. Easier for the bacteria to get into the skin

BananaKing

I'm a chef so I don't really need to watch my hands much.

the-pi-guy

Sounds slightly OCD  ???

Like someone else said washing your hands so often won't help you or decrease the risk of infection etc. It might even hurt you and increase your risk of infection by giving you this contact dermatitis. Easier for the bacteria to get into the skin
And I know this.  I know it's actually harmful.   :-\

I've made a lot of progress.

Mmm_fish_tacos

I wash more than you do. I pee a lot. So normally before and after. Before and after i touch food. Before i touch my kids. Any time i get something on my hands. Happens a lot at work.

the-pi-guy

I wash more than you do. I pee a lot. So normally before and after. Before and after i touch food. Before i touch my kids. Any time i get something on my hands. Happens a lot at work.
Do your hands get dried out?

Mmm_fish_tacos