General Discussion Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 16, 2014, 06:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Reddit is irritating me.  

I go to collapse a conversation on my phone and instead it will take me to that person's profile.  Collapsing a conversation requires hitting this little arrow.  Ugh.

nnodley

Been getting into Blender lately.  Didn't want to renew my maya LT license and saved $250.

But I've got to say blender 2.8 is fantastic.  I'm not going back to maya for a while or if ever.  

the-pi-guy

Been getting into Blender lately.  Didn't want to renew my maya LT license and saved $250.

But I've got to say blender 2.8 is fantastic.  I'm not going back to maya for a while or if ever.  
There was a lot of excitement about 2.8.  Epic and Ubisoft both backed 2.8 and gave a lot of money to help development just a few months ago.  

Fantastic about covers what I've heard.  

I really need to learn blender.  :(

Legend

I guess I should update to 2.8  :P

Legend

Happy national video game daty!

nnodley

Imported a couple megascan Iceland rocks, couple basic shaders and a light to test out cycles render.

Comes out pretty good for the basics

the-pi-guy

Thought someone at the store was someone I was friends with, so I told them they had to go through my line.  

Wasn't them.  But thankfully they didn't hear me anyways.  So it's like it never happened.  8)
+1 for being quiet.  

Legend

I think I have a cat instead of a dog. She keeps bringing us dead mice.

(she also plays with them which is really disgusting. Tosses them in the air and tries to catch them)

nnodley

New iphone 11 pro max is fudgy lit!  Such a dope phone.  Went back after having android for the past like 6 years.  Gonna get the watch series 5 for christmas i think

Legend

New iphone 11 pro max is fudgy lit!  Such a dope phone.  Went back after having android for the past like 6 years.  Gonna get the watch series 5 for christmas i think
How is the triple camera thing?

nnodley

How is the triple camera thing?
It's pretty cool.  My galaxy S10 had 3 as well,  but the 2x zoom on the iPhone 11 is much better.  Wide angle is pretty equal. Haven't done much with it so far though.

Dr. Pezus

Price is getting crazy thougg

Xevross

Oct 05, 2019, 12:23 AM Last Edit: Oct 05, 2019, 12:25 AM by Xevross
Yeah, if you consider that phone without the cost then sure its amazing. Value for money, however, it don't provide. My oneplus 6 which I got for way less than half of that price over a year ago is functionally mostly the same for 90% of what phones are used for. That's why I'll never buy an iphone, its ridiculous.

the-pi-guy

People buy phones?  What happened to where AT&T passes on the cost to your contract that you get stuck in for the next 2 years?

Xevross

People buy phones?  What happened to where AT&T passes on the cost to your contract that you get stuck in for the next 2 years?
Contracts which have phone cost included are usually a rip-off. Way better to get a sim only contract and buy a phone separately, unless you can swindle a good deal.

The new iphone on a decent contract would be about £75 a month here on a 2 year minimum, so that's £1800 total compared to a £20 a month sim-only means you save money if you can buy the phone for £1320 or less. Just an example, but it usually works out better that way.

Or you can do what I do and pay £20 a month for a good sim deal and then don't rip yourself off with an iphone :D

Go Up