The Forum RPG is released for play testing

Viewing single post

Started by Legend, Jan 05, 2016, 07:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xbro

Already if you pass a person on a road, they'll show up just like they do in cities. We just need to figure out and implement player to player interactions(combat system, dialogue, etc.)

Feel free to tell me this is stupid, but I think we should have 'faster travel' but no instant travel. Eventually all path difficulties would be unique and player specs would affect travel time. IE a player with light armor and a horse could make the trip in a single post, while a player on foot burdened with heavy armor might take 20 posts. I'm inspired by Elite Dangerous in this regard. In that game it's fun having distance be meaningful.

Since you're here and in the mood to give input, what are your thoughts on item management?

I'm thinking of a in between of Bethesda MMOs and Resident Evil/Deus Ex. All items are physical and need a place to go: either on your character's body or in a bag you're carrying. Every bag, belt, pocket, chest, strap, backpack, cart, etc. has a weight limit it can hold and also a max size it can hold.

So say a pocket's weight limit is 10 pounds and its max size is 5 inches by 6 inches by 10 inches. It can fit a small ring in there, but a sword can't fit regardless of how light it is. As long as the item's size is smaller than the max size, then storage is purely weight based exactly like Bethesda.
I was actually going to suggest faster travel.

For instance we have a certain item that cuts the travel time by a 4th, one that's more expensive that cuts it in half etc. etc.
If we were to have instant travel, it would need to be an expensive item.

As far as the backpack system goes, it's good, but that might take a bit of work to implement.
3 people like this