PlayStation: Xbox's Call of Duty offer was "inadequate on many levels"

Started by the-pi-guy, Sep 07, 2022, 06:13 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Sauce

Microsoft has promised to keep Call of Duty on PlayStation for three years beyond the current agreement between Activision and Sony, says PlayStation CEO Jim Ryan.
"I hadn't intended to comment on what I understood to be a private business discussion, but I feel the need to set the record straight because Phil Spencer brought this into the public forum," Ryan stated.

the-pi-guy

I've never seen anything quite like this.

the-pi-guy

I don't usually share comments like this, but I thought this was funny.

Era comment

typically, how these disputes go is playstation gets call of duty on the weekends

BananaKing

So basically me and kitler have been right. Their wording in PR was battleship and they will take it off playstation.

Legend

So basically me and kitler have been right. Their wording in PR was battleship and they will take it off playstation.
And practically everything else is definitely coming off playstation.

the-pi-guy

It's irritating how many people view Sony as being anti-consumer and MS as being pro-consumer.

kitler53

I never tire of being told I'm right. xD

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

It's irritating how many people view Sony as being anti-consumer and MS as being pro-consumer.
The era thread is just a bunch of xbox fan boys spouting immature comments at Jim. Its the worst thread I ever seen.

kitler53

The era thread is just a bunch of xbox fan boys spouting immature comments at Jim. Its the worst thread I ever seen.
yep.  it's amazing how uneven the moderation is on era.  

BananaKing

yep.  it's amazing how uneven the moderation is on era.  
I got banned for questioning why Phil Spencer should win a life time achievement award. Go look at the comments that are directed at Jim in that thread. Just wow

the-pi-guy

I don't know if it necessarily means that MS will take CoD off PlayStation.

But they can hold it over Sony's head.

I got banned for questioning why Phil Spencer should win a life time achievement award. Go look at the comments that are directed at Jim in that thread. Just wow
He works so hard to suck up to Nadella, to make Xbox good. *smh*

kitler53

MS will so take CoD off of playstation at the start of next gen if they are allowed to acquire activision.  they only reason they won't pull the plug day-1 is they don't want to make CoD fans mad.  they'll give them a long runway to know that you have to buy a MS platform if you want to play CoD.

MS has soooo many instances of running a product unprofitable to put the competition out of business and gain a monopoly.   it's their thing.  it's what they do. 

BananaKing

Sep 09, 2022, 05:58 PM Last Edit: Sep 09, 2022, 06:00 PM by BananaKing
MS will so take CoD off of playstation at the start of next gen if they are allowed to acquire activision.  they only reason they won't pull the plug day-1 is they don't want to make CoD fans mad.  they'll give them a long runway to know that you have to buy a MS platform if you want to play CoD.

MS has soooo many instances of running a product unprofitable to put the competition out of business and gain a monopoly.   it's their thing.  it's what they do.

I think they will stop releasing CoD a year or two before their next gen console releases.

@bolded. Its literally what they do and its so dang hurtful to consumers. Every sony/Nintendo fan has been dreading that MS will start doing this since they entered the console market.

kitler53

I think they will stop releasing CoD a year or two before their next gen console releases.

@bolded. Its literally what they do and its so dang hurtful to consumers. Every sony/Nintendo fan has been dreading that MS will start doing this since they entered the console market.
i think CoD stays on ps5 until the next gen hardware formally arrives.   i think when MS announces their next gen hardware (at least 1 year prior to release) they also announce CoD next gen-exclusivity so everyone knows they have to buy xbox in order to buy CoD once the new hardware drops.  

i could even see a "last gen" support while skipping next gen playstation releases like MS did with psychonauts 2 to better support late to upgrade CoD fans to their eventual (forced) migration to xbox.

kitler53

https://www.pcgamer.com/electronic-arts-ceo-kinda-hopes-call-of-duty-will-become-an-xbox-exclusive/

"In a world where there may be questions over the future of Call of Duty and what platforms that might be on or might not be on, being platform agnostic and completely cross-platform with Battlefield, I think is a tremendous opportunity,"
i lol'd.