PS4 Exclusive ‘Rime’ is Being Developed Using Unreal Engine 4

Started by Raven, May 03, 2014, 11:28 PM

previous topic - next topic

Raven

PS4 Exclusive 'Rime' is Being Developed Using Unreal Engine 4

Another interesting title to add to the growing list of games being developed using Unreal Engine 4.

Maybe we missed it, but as far as I know, it was previously unknown what development engine Tequila Works upcoming open-world exploration game, Rime, would be using. According to a new interview with Develop, it seems that Tequila has been developing the game on Unreal Engine 4, which is pretty exciting. In the article, creative director Raúl Rubio describes the game as a very "personal project" and that the development teams wishes to create "deep emotions through the visual and physical experiences of gameplay rather than cutscenes. It has to evoke wonder, as if looking through the eyes of a child."

Rubio continues on to say,"For us, visuals are not only to see but also to feel emotionally. UE4 allows us to translate influences from Joaquín Sorolla, Salvador Dalí, Giorgio de Chirico and even Studio Ghibli into something that expresses our artistic vision in a way that can be experienced by the player."

Very little has been said or shown of Rime so far, but we certainly hope to see more of the Playstation 4 exclusive indie title at E3 this year. You can read the full Develop article, which goes further into the history of Tequila Works and is definitely worth a read. In the meantime, if you're interested in learning more about Rime as more details are released be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with all the latest on the mysterious open-world title.

http://www.onlysp.com/rime-is-being-developed-using-unreal-engine-4/

Dr. Pezus

Well it sure looks good. Like an indie ICO

Raven

Yep. Really interested in how it plays. Apparently it's like a cross between Ico and Don't Starve.

Legend

I loved ICO!

Xevross

I'm gonna keep a close eye on this game because it does look really good. I'm not usually a fan of this kind of game though.

Legend

I'm gonna keep a close eye on this game because it does look really good. I'm not usually a fan of this kind of game though.

Did you like Don't Starve?