Sony sends out invites for September 7th "Playstation Meeting"

Started by Legend, Aug 09, 2016, 09:35 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Legend

PlayStation Meeting announced. September 7th 3PM ET (PS4 Neo Reveal) - NeoGAF

Up1: Will be livestreamed.https://twitter.com/SamitSarkar/stat...48492260929536
Sony just confirmed to me that September's PlayStation Meeting (PS4 Neo unveiling) will be livestreamed.

http://www.businessinsider.com/sony-...sor-neo-2016-8
Sony PlayStation on Tuesday afternoon sent invites for an event on September 7 called "PlayStation Meeting," where the company will "share details about the PlayStation business." Earlier today, reports from Vice Gaming and Gameblog claimed PlayStation would hold an event that day to unveil its PlayStation 4 Neo, also known as the PlayStation 4.5. If you're unfamiliar, the Neo is expected to play all the current PlayStation 4 games out there, but offer more horsepower for better graphics and frame rates. It's expected to also support 4K games, movies, and TV shows. With that extra horsepower, the Neo will likely be the ideal console to power the company's upcoming virtual reality headset, PlayStation VR, which arrives in October. We look forward to learning more about the PlayStation 4 successor on September 7. The event starts at 3 p.m. ET.

Well there it is.//
itsorhappening.gif

the-pi-guy

Halo's coming to the PS4?
That's what it looks like.  Otherwise, I'm suing OP for false advertisement.  

Legend

Max King of the Wild

Is that old or is that a teaser like they did before showing the ps4?

ethomaz

ethomaz

Legend

Is that old or is that a teaser like they did before showing the ps4?
Old

BananaKing

nice, it will be livestreamed. i am not interested in a Neo, but it will be exciting to watch the stream. it would be great if they could announce a new AAA game or two, but i dont think they will. specially since PGW is the following month

Legend

DerNebel

nice, it will be livestreamed. i am not interested in a Neo, but it will be exciting to watch the stream. it would be great if they could announce a new AAA game or two, but i dont think they will. specially since PGW is the following month
I wouldn't bet on new game announcements (maybe a reannouncement of Deep Down ;)) but new footage or trailers of some big announced games seem like a given.

ethomaz

Legend

The FCC looks like the Neo wireless chip.
Yeah I ignored that thread earlier, but since it keeps getting posts I thought I'd link it.

ethomaz

PS4 Neo would 'fundamentally change' No Man's Sky, says creator - NeoGAF

Devs are starting to talk... it is happening. (Thought he could be talking about PC)
"For our game (No Man's Sky) it's procedurally generated. So more powerful hardware doesn't just mean upgraded textures or a higher framerate. It means we can fundamentally change the experience. "You can have - and you'll see this from our patch notes - we're able to change huge things in the universe, because we have complete control. "With more powerful hardware, we can have more trees, more leafs on those trees. The density or immersion of worlds, or new types of worlds could exist."

PS4 Neo would 'fundamentally change' No Man's Sky, says creator Procedurally Erase if Old.

Legend