Quote Notifications Now Released with basic functionality

Started by Legend, Aug 25, 2014, 05:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Hello!

All the things behind the scenes are finished and allow for a ton of flexibility. We can pretty much do whatever you want.

As is the system works as follows.

Once quoted in a thread, the thread appears darker. This alerts you that you have been quoted. To jump to that specific quote, click the icon on the far left. Once all quotes in the thread have been viewed, the thread goes back to the normal brightness.

Let me know what you think, mainly about the visuals and how the info is presented. Also as I've said it's a beast behind the scenes, so the only thing stopping me from adding more features is not knowing how to present the info. So for example would you like to see a number next to each thread showing how many times you've been quoted in it?

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Aug 25, 2014, 05:26 PM Last Edit: Aug 25, 2014, 05:28 PM by the-pi-guy

Nice. 

Does this work? 
Someone quote me!

Legend

Does this work? 
Someone quote me!

Quote yourself in an edit.

Legend

Does this work? 
Someone quote me!

Yes I did.  Would you like to know who quoted you before entering a thread?

ethomaz

ethomaz

the-pi-guy

ethomaz

the-pi-guy

u4gReservoirDogs

I'm always willing to endure humiliation on behalf of my characters. - Ben Stiller

Legend

Teste

It didn't work for me :(

Once you'ved viewed the post, the notification goes away. So if you quote yourself, you'll see it too soon.

Xevross

Yes I did.  Would you like to know who quoted you before entering a thread?

That would be cool!

Legend

That would be cool!

How the fudge do I fit that info on the index though!

kitler53

Hello!

All the things behind the scenes are finished and allow for a ton of flexibility. We can pretty much do whatever you want.

As is the system works as follows.

Once quoted in a thread, the thread appears darker. This alerts you that you have been quoted. To jump to that specific quote, click the icon on the far left. Once all quotes in the thread have been viewed, the thread goes back to the normal brightness.

Let me know what you think, mainly about the visuals and how the info is presented. Also as I've said it's a beast behind the scenes, so the only thing stopping me from adding more features is not knowing how to present the info. So for example would you like to see a number next to each thread showing how many times you've been quoted in it?

color and icons are very important to the user experience.   text is difficult to consume and has unfortunate translation issues when working with an international audiences.

my pitch to you is the same i gave to vgchartz during their last revision except they misinterpreted what i told them to do so their labels are neat but also kind of unfortunate.  i'm attaching a really quick screenshot of how i think it would be best to show off the most important bits of thread status.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Go Up