TV Show Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 07, 2014, 03:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Legend

Looks great.

I love that Sony is pushing games into movies and tv shows so much.

nnodley

Started Foundation on Apple TV. It has some amazing VFX work.  I'm into it so far. Gonna watch ep 2 today. Episodes release on Friday

Legend

Started Foundation on Apple TV. It has some amazing VFX work.  I'm into it so far. Gonna watch ep 2 today. Episodes release on Friday
Apple is really wanting me to buy apple tv, grrrr.

nnodley

Apple is really wanting me to buy apple tv, grrrr.
Heheh. Its definitely exceeding my expectations since its apple.  I've never read the books though so i don't know how faithful they are so far.

the-pi-guy

Legend

Apple TV+ offer | 6 months free trial on PS5 | PlayStation  US

Oh that'll be great. 6 months is enough for me to watch mythic quest, for all mankind, and foundation. Then I can end it and never give them money.

nnodley

Oh that'll be great. 6 months is enough for me to watch mythic quest, for all mankind, and foundation. Then I can end it and never give them money.
until they have new seasons of those shows? lol

Legend

until they have new seasons of those shows? lol
I can just wait till the eventual PS6 deal  8)

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

My wife and I just finished watching Psych, which is a great show.

My wife has been watching The Manifest generally without me. Which is good...

As I said before, I think the premise is interesting, but most of everything else is so bad.

The writing isn't completely terrible, but large notable chunks of it are.
Spoiler for A specific scene in Season 3, not important for the plot:
<br>I just watched this scene, where someone with intense agoraphobia gets easily talked into leaving her house.<br><br>Apparently telling people &quot;we all have our parts to play, and we&#39;re all terrified&quot; is better than years worth of therapy.<br>

A lot of the intense scenes are forced. Like the tension isn't there, because there's actually tension. The tension is there because the actors are being overly dramatic.  (I blame the director, because it's pretty much all the actors.)

To give an example, in that scene above, one of the actor picks up a pencil and paper and tells the other person to draw something. But it's done like he's trying to run a race.  

There's so many little things about the show that put me off.

kitler53

the my little pony movie (Netflix) is really good. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Dr. Pezus

Squid game is amazing

Legend

Squid game is amazing
I kinda enjoyed it. Was way too stupid and predictable at times though.

the-pi-guy

Go Up