How much do you care about trophies?

Started by the-pi-guy, Nov 15, 2021, 04:42 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Sony, Microsoft, Valve all have some kind of achievement system. So clearly it's doing something.  

Do you actively avoid achievements?
Do you not care at all?
Do you adore them?  

Somewhere in between?

the-pi-guy

Personally I don't care about trophies/achievements in that I don't search them out.  

I know there are a small handful of people that play games just to get as many trophies as possible. But there are more people that care about collecting trophies in the games that they play, a few surprising people that do trophy hunting.  

Personally that's not me.  

If I really like a game, i might invest the time to try getting trophies. But it's more for completion's sake.  Not collection sake.  

Legend

I only care about trophies if I really enjoy my game. I kinda view it as my way of saying thanks to the devs. Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Uncharted 4, TLOU, TLOU2, and God of War 2018.

I also like looking at trophies to get a quick understanding of what things could have happened during my playthrough. Sometimes I'll go back to unlock them just to see what I missed.

kitler53

I used to love getting trophies back on the PS3.  ..and then I stopped caring. 

now I look at them as a way to extend playtime on a game I'm loving.  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

nnodley

I quite like them.  I like the sound and pop up.  Its satisfying, but not like it really matters.  I do like trying to go back and unlock some as long as they aren't obnoxious like kill 2000 enemies while floating and using melee. lol

Legend

The xbox sound for them is so so good.