Star Citizen citizencon update

Started by Legend, Oct 10, 2021, 08:48 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

First time I've watched one of these in years. Not really that interesting but they are making progress.

Legend

Some of it feels like a poor imitation of regular games. Like a worse hitman, like a worse mass effect, etc.

Had a locked safe so they needed a code like TLOU. Was so poorly hidden lol.

BananaKing

Bruh I am convinced this game is a scam now.

Legend

Bruh I am convinced this game is a scam now.
I don't think it's a scam, but they are certainly too comfy with the status quo. I doubt squadron 42 or a real version 1.0 of star citizen will ever release.

It would have been so cool if they just forked the project at certain moments and had another studio polish that up into a finished game. People could have had a new wing commander years ago.

the-pi-guy

Star Citizen the case study of what happens when unlimited scope meets unlimited budget.  

darkknightkryta

They really needed to have released something years ago and then work off of that.  Kinda like what No Man's Sky did.

Legend

They really needed to have released something years ago and then work off of that.  Kinda like what No Man's Sky did.
No Man's Sky is the only game that makes Star Citizen look good lol.

Better example would be Elite Dangerous imo. That game released in 2014 with nothing but space ships. Over time they have added planets and fps combat.

BananaKing

No Man's Sky is the only game that makes Star Citizen look good lol.

Better example would be Elite Dangerous imo. That game released in 2014 with nothing but space ships. Over time they have added planets and fps combat.
They need to release the single player, and have some sort of end game with star citizen. And then just keep updating on that. No man's sky didn't have anything close to the budget this game has. Its unfair to compare them, but still seems no man's sky is a far superior game at the moment

Legend

They need to release the single player, and have some sort of end game with star citizen. And then just keep updating on that. No man's sky didn't have anything close to the budget this game has. Its unfair to compare them, but still seems no man's sky is a far superior game at the moment
I disqualify NMS because their lies make Star Citizen devs look like saints, but the game has definitely improved a huge amount since launch and is a good model for minimum viable product development.

Also it's important to understand that while Star Citizen needs to be wrapped up with proper progression and polish, the game in its current form is still incredibly popular. NMS has 219 viewers on Twitch, Elite Dangerous has 288 viewers on Twitch, and Star Citizen has 3,082 viewers on Twitch.