We did a game jam! Come see the results!!!

Started by Legend, Sep 20, 2021, 08:06 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Legend

I have physics and everything working, but the gameplay kinda sucks  :P

Way too easy to reach escape velocity and not have a fun time. I might have to hack gravity or something.

nnodley

Lol. I haven't started yet. I worked so much yesterday on my game that I'm gonna start a bit later today.  

Thankfully unreal has a side scroller template so that helps.

Legend

Lol. I haven't started yet. I worked so much yesterday on my game that I'm gonna start a bit later today.  

Thankfully unreal has a side scroller template so that helps.
Is your game gonna be a side scroller? Idk why but I assumed it'd be top down or isometric.

I'm starting work again. My goal for the next couple hours is to make assets for everything.

nnodley

Is your game gonna be a side scroller? Idk why but I assumed it'd be top down or isometric.

I'm starting work again. My goal for the next couple hours is to make assets for everything.
Yup. Not like a full orthographic side view though. So it will have a little depth to it

Legend

My car physics really really suck but it looks nice at least. Probably a wrap for my day 1. 5 hours total. Tomorrow I'll have to rush to get the car not sucking.

the-pi-guy

I've actually been planning on making a Space Invaders inspired game. 

2.5D.
Objects in the universe are semi-randomly placed.
There are 100 stars, size, location and color are randomized.
Around each star, a set number of enemies will spawn.
Take them all out to conquer a star.

nnodley

Oct 02, 2021, 09:28 PM Last Edit: Oct 02, 2021, 09:30 PM by nnodley

not much but its a start.  I got some of the ground, background, and ledge meshes created into level instances so i can just dup those around quickly.  I'll work on setting up the "keys" and door unlocking tonight then tomorrow just make a fairly decent sized level and add in some other textures and plants, and menu and boom little tiny tiny tiny game.

the-pi-guy

not much but its a start.  I got some of the ground, background, and ledge meshes created into level instances so i can just dup those around quickly.  I'll work on setting up the "keys" and door unlocking tonight then tomorrow just make a fairly decent sized level and add in some other textures and plants, and menu and boom little tiny tiny tiny game.
Your vid is private, private.

nnodley

Dr. Pezus

not much but its a start.  I got some of the ground, background, and ledge meshes created into level instances so i can just dup those around quickly.  I'll work on setting up the "keys" and door unlocking tonight then tomorrow just make a fairly decent sized level and add in some other textures and plants, and menu and boom little tiny tiny tiny game.
Impressive!

nnodley

I realized that I didn't have lumen lighting enabled so it actually looks better now than the video.

Legend

I realized that I didn't have lumen lighting enabled so it actually looks better now than the video.
Sticking with 5?

nnodley

nnodley

I may have to do a some of the stuff I was gonna do today, tomorrow.  

Go Up